Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday Treasure: Life & Gratitude

Good Morning from the Silver Spur Guest Ranch in Bandera, TX!

Yep, I'm back at my home away from home and while on my morning walk I saw our brand new baby calf (only 6 days old). That little creature made me think about this stage we call life and I wonder....are we grateful for this gift we've been given?

In her book, The Magic, Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret) talks about gratitude using the Scripture "whoever has, more will be given and whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken (or lost)." Variations of this passage is found in Matthew:13:12; Mark 4:25 & Luke 8:18 and is attributed to Jesus.

Ms. Byrne says that the key to this scripture and a major key to life is Gratitude. "To whoever has "gratitude for what he has" more will be given. Whoever does not have gratitude, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."

Could there be some truth in this statement?

I mean think about it! Are you grateful for the life you have, the air you breathe, the people you encounter, the work you have to do, the water you drink, the sun that shines down your daily dose of vitamin D; the rain that cleanses and renews?

One of my favorite sayings is "God won't give you something else to complain about." Spiritual leaders across all denominational lines teach the value of gratitude. Self-help gurus and emotional healers encourage us to write a list of things we are grateful for every day. Even if it is something on your wish list, write down that you are happy and grateful for it in advance!

Now I'm not saying a healthy dose of gratitude will solve all of life's problems but I'm betting it'll make them a whole lot easier to bear!

Something to think about.....
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)





Need help developing an attitude of gratitude? Check out The Magic by  Rhonda Byrne in Print & Ebook and while you're at it, read or watch The Secret too! (Print, Ebook, DVD)






PS: Yes I'm aware that The Secret and The Magic are controversial in many Christian minds. For those of you who are wary of reading these books, check out  Top Secret: The Truth Behind The Secret by Robert M Price for a look at these principles from a Christian stand point! Also available in Print & Ebook!

No comments: