Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Treasure: Family Matters by Laurinda Wallace

Hello Friends and welcome to another edition of Tuesday Treasure!

Today I welcome Laurinda Wallace with her book, Family Matters.

The peaceful farming community of Deer Creek is nestled in the rolling hills of Wyoming County in Western New York. It’s home to Gracie Andersen, who once again finds herself in a cemetery, laying a family member to rest. Wrestling with unresolved guilt and grief over the loss of her husband and unborn child, Gracie desperately wants to get her life back.

An odd gift from her troubled uncle thrusts her into an investigation of her cousin's tragic death 20 years ago. What really happened that rainy, October night when her cousin was killed by a hit-and-run driver? As pieces of the truth are wrenched from the past, her new business, Milky Way Kennels teeters on the edge of disaster. Her life starts to tailspin, and opposition to the investigation comes from friends and family alike. And then death strikes again.

With Haley, her black Labrador by her side, Gracie doggedly pursues the truth of her cousin Charlotte’s untimely death.


Family Matters is available through Amazon in Print and on Kindle!

Now...a little about Laurinda in her own words....

I've been writing stories since elementary school days and always have a good mystery book nearby. Life just isn't complete without books. There's nothing like a comfy chair, a cup of coffee, and all day to read. I also love my Kindle, which saves on shelf space and feeds my reading habit so conveniently.

Once our two daughters, Megan and Emily were grown, my husband, David and I left our native Western New York for sunnier skies and warmer weather in southeast Arizona. The high desert with its beautiful mountain views, awe-inspiring night skies, and independent spirit brought back the old desire to write. Since 2005, I've been writing for various magazines and websites on a variety of topics. With the creative juices flowing and encouragement from family and friends, books soon appeared.

In the 2012, my debut novel, The Time Under Heaven was published, along with a devotional book calledGardens of the Heart. The first book in the Gracie Andersen mystery series, Family Matters was published in 2013. My blog, SimplyLife is a popular stop for many of my readers from around the world. You'll find everything from inspirational thoughts, local history, humor, or simply life.

When I'm not at my day job in administration or writing at home, the gardens around Casa Wallace and hiking in the Huachuca Mountains keep me busy. Many times what's happening in my flower gardens or those spectacular views in the mountains inspire devotionals and new stories. While life is full of unexpected twists and turns, my foundation will always be the One who created the roses in my garden and the mountains I love to hike. He is my source for everything. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

Well friends, hope you enjoyed this Tuesday Treasure. Check back weekly for more Thursday Thoughts, Saturday Spotlights and Tuesday Treasures!

Until next time...take care & be blessed!
PamT

No comments: