Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

#TuesdayTreasures with Tom Donnan

Good Morning!

Last month I introduced you to Tom Donnan when he shared thoughts with us. Please welcome him back to share something he treasures.

Welcome Tom!

Life
So often, life is lived in an ongoing stream of time. Death on the other hand sits on outside outer reaches of conscience thoughts like that of finding the edge of our universe. Knowing what really matters in life slips behind the veil of everyday events as we move from one day to the next. Odd, how we can live life and not really ever comprehend it. When I looked into the face of my own mortality and I was changed!

February 6th 2006 I had my second heart attack with no notice. They refer to it as the widow maker. It was 5:30 in the evening, I am working out on the treadmill at the health club and the chest pain began. By 6:30 pm I was dead. There are several main factors in me typing this today. First I did not waste time in seeking help. Second, it was not my time to go. I was laid out in the ambulance, paramedic feverously working on me when my heart stopped. It happened so fast I did not notice my status change, meaning one instant I was in the world and the next I was in the spiritual world. It is here God gave me a message in His deep masculine voice saying: “It is only while you are on earth that you can work for Jesus!”

In my left ear, a paramedic is telling me not to worry all my stats look great. I had no idea of what had just happened until three days later while I was in ICU. A doctor came in and asked how it felt to be back from the dead?  BAM! In the back of my mind, before this happened, I knew I was heaven bound. I invited Jesus to come into my heart and life on May 7th 1983 and I was born again. I did not count on being 54 and being with God so soon. I was only halfway through the universe at this point, the anticipated end of my life.

During my months of recovery I had all the time in the world to think about life. What matters the most? God, love, time and investing are important. Knowing God and living in His love and blessings in paramount. Relationships, children, grandchildren, siblings, extended family and people became the focus of my time and learning to invest in them. I have had an additional twelve years now. When I look into the eyes of my children I am grateful to God. Loving them is all that matters. When grandpa walks in the front door they know it is play time and the chase is on. It is a joy to figure out how many different ways to say I love you and esteem them. And, I share my relationship with God with others in hopes of leading them into knowing Him through His son Jesus Christ. I have learned, finding my way to being spiritually born into God’s family is the meaning of life (John 3:3-8).

I've got to tell you about mindset awareness. You know, those mind set decisions we make in our minds and then move on in life. Well, I remember driving past Calumet Harbor on the Bishop Ford express when a Mindset surfaced. Out of nowhere I felt in fullness this thought: “I never wanted to live here.” Meaning, while I was growing up, I told myself I would grow up and move to another place. However I fell in love and built a life in Chicagoland. Now as I am  driving, the full weight of my desire to live in another place of the country hit me like a freight train. Why it surfaced right there going sixty plus miles per hour, I don’t know.

Then, while I am in the ambulance, looking for the light, really, I was looking for the light and there wasn’t any. It gave me a false sense of security. Then, again, with the full emotional weight I felt, I have lived a good life! What? Where did that come from? I am not ready to go but if I do, I feel and  know I have lived a very good and blessed life.

A few years ago, my oldest sibling was diagnosed with stage three lung cancer. While she was going through the treatment, I felt with deep concern, it will only be me and one other sibling left if her treatments are unsuccessful. My sisters are a hidden foundation now that our parents have passed many years ago. We were once five, now we are only three with the possibility of being only two. To God’s glory, the treatments worked and she is in full remission. But, the hidden foundation of family was temporarily exposed and I was shocked how much it threatened me, possibly being alone in the near future.

The love I felt in marriage, for those twenty five years, was deep and powerful. The love with my heavenly father is deep and powerful. My quest in life is to make a difference and leave a spiritual legacy. I have now written five books all with a message on how to be saved, to grow closer to God and opening a window to heaven over our lives and loved ones.  God’s plan of salvation is simple, we have sinned, ask for forgiveness through Jesus' gift and invite Him into our hearts and lives and live for Him.

Tom Donnan
Author of: Healing the Nation
Spiritual House Cleaning
Pastors and the Presence of God
7:14 Angels on Assignment
One Door Between Us
Facebook: Healing the nation ministries
Authors page on Amazon.
Healingthenation1776@gmail.com

Oh wow, Tom what an incredible testimony! Thank you for sharing and YES, LIFE is one of the greatest treasures of all.

Hope you enjoyed Tom's post friends and that you'll check out his book and you'll check back here for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights.

Until next time take care and God Bless.
PamT

11 comments:

Carol James said...

Thanks so much fo sharing your powerful testimony, Tom. What beautiful gift you've been given.

Dave Arp said...

We need some nation healing. Good story!

Unknown said...

Hello Pamela

What a blessing to be on your Blog! If only people knew! My generous God has allowed me to experience Him, to know Him just a little. His love is so deep, satisfying that when I am in it I Know I was made to live forever in His love. His compassion for Us overwhelms me an at that moment I know how much He cares. The obstacle between us is sin. That is why He sent Jesus. For those who might not know Jesus, invite Him into your heart and life this day. If God had not intervened my last day on earth would have been February 6th 2006. It came without warning.
God Bless you Pamela

Gail Pallotta said...

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Wishing you good health, Tom, most of all. But happiness and success as well.

Alina K. Field said...

What an amazing story! My husband also had the potential for a "widow-maker" attack, but thankfully they caught it ahead of time and did bypass surgery. And the possibility of losing siblings--yes we've experienced that also. Family is so important!

Diane Burton said...

What a powerful message. My brother-in-law had the widow-maker attack and thankfully survived. God must have a wonderful plan for both of you.

Mary E said...

Thank you for sharing your story. Very powerful.

Erin Unger said...

This is a good reminder to make every day count and to put God first then family.

Alicia Dean said...

Wow, such a moving and powerful story. Your work here on earth is not done. The book sounds compelling. Best wishes!

Nick Wilford said...

What an incredible experience. I can see that when you go through something like that, it makes you truly focus on what is important.