Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, November 3, 2018

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Rebecca J Wetzler & Bread Box for the Broken Soul

Good Morning!

My regularly scheduled guest could not be here today so I'm filling in with a very special project. Rebecca Wetzler has shared thoughts and treasures with us, but today we get a peek into her book, Bread Box for the Broken Soul....

People don’t know me very long before they realize I have a strong faith in the Lord.  It’s not from my witnessing per se, I’m not that bold, instead it’s just a part of my normal conversation.  I will say things like ‘the Lord helped me with…’ or ‘I’m not sure how the Lord is going to work this out…,’ so I make statements about the Lord being at work in my life.  I am also an avid reader, including dreams of someday writing my own books.  Inspired by a Thanksgiving gift from my grandmother decades ago, a recipe box with 3 x 5 cards to record blessings upon, I decided instead to collect my favorite scriptures and write prayers based on each one.  Eventually it dawned on me this could be my book, a daily devotional.  Thus ‘Bread Box for the Broken’ was written over decades of finding scriptures that helped me with my life long struggles with loneliness, self-esteem, depression, and chronic pain from migraines and a permanently injured neck, and, recently added to the mix, unexplained heart failure.  So I know it’s true the Word of God gives strength today to continue the race when we feel broken by life and it humbles us to give thanks for all the daily blessings along the way that often go unnoticed because we are overly distracted by trials and tribulations. 

It’s important to note that the book is organized in sections named Broken Pieces, Bread of Life, Believe in Blessings, and Bow before Him.  I’ve been told by a couple of my readers that Broken Pieces, January through March, are pretty rough to get through.  That I show too well the raw despair of a suffering soul crying out to God.  That was by design, that’s why I called it ‘Broken Pieces’ – a fearful spirit striving for perseverance through the trials (read January 25th in Excerpts).  The next section, ‘Bread of Life,’ stresses more of God’s provision and power to save – the nourishing spiritual bread bringing hope (read April 13th in Excerpts).   ‘Believe in Blessings’ is filled with scriptures and prayers of faith, hope and trust (Read September 18th in Excerpts).    Lastly, ‘Bow before Him’ features themes of thanksgiving and obedience for His sovereignty (Read October 4th in Excerpts).  So it’s a progression from being broken, to being nourished, to feeling the blessings, and being thankful.  I hope when you read it, you let me know if you feel the progression as the first readers did.

EXCERPTS
JANUARY 25
PSALM 69:1–3 Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. 
Dear Lord, I am sinking deep into the miry depths of depression—I cannot get a foothold to stop my descent. I am worn out calling for help—desperately looking about me for You to appear. Rescue me I pray, before I am engulfed completely by failure, by sorrow, by isolation. Pull me into Your protective, peaceful presence so I may rest amidst these storms that assail my soul. Restore me so I know my confidence is in You and not what goes on about me, nor my ability to deal with it. You are my strength, You are my portion; You feed and water my soul with Your Word, empowering me to follow the footholds of faith, until I am once again standing on solid ground with my Lord and Savior.

APRIL 13
PSALM 36:7–10 How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.
Dear Lord, Your love is priceless, and free to both the high and low; those times when I feel high with needs and low in spirit. When the heat of battle is too much, I need Your soothing fountain of life to refresh me, Your continuous light to draw me forward along the path of righteousness. Thank you for guiding my heart in the direction of my eternal refuge as I seek to know You better and better each day. 

SEPTEMBER 18
 HEBREWS 11:1–3, 6 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible … And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Dear Lord, This truth is so simple, yet so profound. This definition of faith: sure of what we hope for, certain of what we do not see. I am so grateful to You that I have faith in You, in the Holy Trinity, in Your Words contained in the Holy Bible. It is simple—I believe You exist, by faith I understand You formed the Universe by Your command. You spoke and it came into being. I have faith in Your Son, my intercessor before Your throne for my eternal salvation. In today’s modern world, believing in the One True Deity is often considered narrow minded. Worse, men deify themselves, having their own version of spirituality that leads souls to being lost eternally. As for me, I earnestly seek You, growing in knowledge of You daily as You walk by my side. 

OCTOBER 4
 PSALM 34:1–6 I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
Dear Lord, At all times, in all circumstances, I give You the highest praise. In my soul I boast that I know the One True God as my Lord and Savior. As I struggle through trials, tribulations, temptations, remind me others who are afflicted are watching me; I must be an example who encourages them to glorify You, seeking You for deliverance from all their fears, no matter what they may be. And having been cleansed from the affliction of sin, I may lift my chin without shame, knowing I am keeping my covenant with you, my promise to love you with all my heart, soul and mind. 

My hope is by sharing my struggle with challenging the untruths of depression’s darkness that makes it hard if not impossible to see the blessings we all have in our lives, that it will reach others who are searching for strength and comfort.   Read more excerpts from the book at http://rebeccawetzler.net. Connect with Rebecca at her other social media sites, LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. You may purchase the book at www.AuthorMasterminds.com/rebecca-j-wetzler or, of course, Amazon.   

Sounds like a wonderful book, Rebecca! Thanks for sharing.

Hope you enjoyed the spotlight friends and that you'll drop by often to see what we're up to.
Until next time take care and God Bless.
PamT

6 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Best wishes for your continued success!

marilyn leach said...

Rebecca, I find your title very attractive, it draws one in to see what's inside. Good work. Thanks for sharing your experiences, and I pray your readers will be encouraged and blessed. Cheers

Diane Burton said...

Best wishes, Rebecca. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Carole Price said...

Beautiful, Rebecca. I wish you success and appreciate your sharing.

Dove1919 said...

I'm so late at commenting on this, I apologize. I was out of town, then not feeling well. And now the holidays begin!
Thank you for the wishes, and I pray you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, and Christmas season that honors our Lord and Savior.

Rebecca Wetzler