Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, November 1, 2018

#ThursdayThoughts with Melisa Marzett

Happy All Saints Day!

Last month I introduced you to Melisa Marzett, a freelance writer hoping to gain a little more exposure for her writing when she shares something she treasures with us. Today Melisa returns to share some of her thoughts......

“Gone with the Wind” was the first book I took from my mom’s bookshelf…

I remember the time when I went to visit my parents’ house in Arizona. My mom used to have some cosy space in the living room of her own library, which was always full of different fiction and non-fiction books. I found this beautiful cover of “Gone with the Wind” by Margaret Mitchell on the top of the shelf (guess it was mom’s favourite book collection), the Pulitzer Price award-winning novel describes the period of the Civil War events and the Reconstruction of America in the middle 30’s of the 20th century.

I was in my twenties when I first read this book. Very powerful, fundamental novel. A great classic book, which shows the perfect example of how to move through the challenges such as war, slavery and other difficulties a life can present. The plot closely intertwined with the important historical event of the 19th century, which instantly attracted my attention. (I am a huge fan of American history) From the very beginning until the last page, I was deeply impressed by the characters, their dignity, faith, strength and unconditional love for life. It is a story full of amazing descriptions that give depth to the heroes as well as to the plot of the novel where lies loyalty, betrayal, friendship, love and patriotism. We are not able to change the history of past events but to face the fact how far we have gone…

Let me know in the comments what do you think about this book. Do you love classic literature? What are you reading now?

Melisa Marzett is a professional writer and experienced freelance blogger. You can find her at Best Resume Perk Writing Services where she works for resume writing service.

Wow, thanks for sharing Melisa! Personally I never could get into GWtW but I may have to give it another try. Here's wishing you the best of luck and God's blessings with your writing career.

Hope you enjoyed the post friends and that you'll check back often for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

9 comments:

Carlene said...

I read GWTW in the eighth grade. My father was outraged when he found out I'd not only read it but got it from the school library. How tame it seems by comparison to some of the books that are published today. Margaret Mitchell's characters and historical research still astound me.

Emily Conrad said...

I loved Gone with the Wind, too! I have a copy with the cover pictured, but just last week found an old hard cover from 1936 at a used book store! Such a cool find.

marilyn leach said...

One of my favorite stories, even as an adult, was Heidi, and I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan. I've only seen the film of Gone with the Wind, and I loved that, several times as a matter of fact. I'm currently reading a cozy mystery. Cheers

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love classics and the book club I attend always selects a classic every now and then. I watched part of the Great American Read and was happy to see To Kill A Mockingbird win.

Diana Stout said...

Ever since I learned to read, I always had a book in my hand. When I was in ninth grade, she recommended Gone with the Wind. I LOVED it and started reading all of her recommendations. I'm saddened when learning that someone has never read the book or watched the movie. Such a classic.

Diane Burton said...

First time I read GWTW I was a teen. I thought Melanie was a wimp. As I got older, more mature, I realized how strong she was. The movie makes Scarlett more likable and showed her strength. BTW, I love Carol Burnett's spoof with the drapery rod on her shoulders. I still laugh remembering.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

It's amazing that a number of writers who wrote classics are known only for one novel. But they are outstanding, unique work. I guess my favorite romantic classic remains Pride and Prejudice. I've read it more than once.

Sharon Ervin said...

Subtle humor that sneaks into a book thrills me. GONE WITH THE WIND has some of those surprises. Agatha Christie does it. So does Dorothy Sayers. As a reader, it tickles me to be rocking along, dug deep into the story, and stumble across one of those, either in action or dialogue. I love being caught unaware like that. Sometimes one will make me laugh out loud. I am delighted when it occurs in my own writing, by happenstance, when a character unexpectedly says or does something unexpected. I consider those little jolts of humor a sign of something special in an author.

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to offer one thing again and aid others such as you aided me. My site probably has what you need สล็อต