Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

#WednesdayWordswithFriends : Gratitude

Good Morning Friends,

Well, today's guest couldn't be here so I get to share some thoughts with you on a word that, for years, has been a "buzz" word.

GRATITUDE is one of those words we love to hate.

What?

Hear me out LOL!

I love to be reminded to share and show gratitude and yet, I hate the fact that I have to be reminded.

Shouldn't gratitude come as naturally as breathing?

Yeah, it should but how often do we remember that?

I know I tend to forget so easily to show gratitude at all times and in all situations.

So I'm going to take a moment to share some gratitude with you....


I am grateful for the creator of this beautiful meme reminding me to be grateful. I don't know who Angie KK is or where/how I came across this and saved it to my computer but I appreciate such a lovely reminder.

I am grateful for Each of YOU my friends, family, fans and fellow authors! For your love and support and the many ways you show those attributes and bless my life.

I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for every blessing ever bestowed upon me and the many blessings to come.

These are a FEW of the things I am grateful for and hope to spend time every day expressing thanks to not only those lovely people directly responsible for these blessings, but to God for all He has gifted me with from the gift of life and love to every, single, breath I take. In fact, I'm making a commitment to do so right now and hope you'll not only join me but hold me accountable.

I recently read a short book, The Gratitude Jar, in which the author tells how her life changed by practicing gratitude every day for thirty days. Check it out!


The practice in this book is to write what you're grateful for on little slips of paper and put them in a jar (or container) designated for the task. I think it's a great idea but so is a gratitude journal or simply sitting around the dinner (or breakfast) talking about what you're grateful for. Any daily practice of gratitude works!

Doesn't matter how we express gratitude, only that we do.

Hope you enjoyed today's post friends and hope you'll drop by this weekend and see who's in our Saturday Spotlight!

Meanwhile, as you go about your day, please remember to show and share gratitude.

I'd love to know if and how gratitude has changed your life.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

9 comments:

Kara O'Neal said...

I hate that I have to be reminded as well, but almost instantly I'm glad I am. Because I think it might be God's way of keeping us close and getting us back to Him. We can't do it ourselves because the Evil One works so hard to get at us with whispers and distractions. I wish it didn't happen to me, but I sure a glad God reminds me. The ideas you listed are wonderful. I've heard of the jar before, but I've never tried it. Think I will.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam,

This is such a good reminder to be grateful for all the good things in life that we have. So often people are quick to complain about negative things. We all need to reflect on the positives and there are many--just the fact that we are alive is the most positive thing of all.

Alicia Dean said...

Beautiful post. I agree. There is always something to be grateful for, and no matter what happens in life. I try to remember that. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

My Dear Friends....

Kara, I agree gratitude brings us back in touch with God. I'd love to know how the jar works for you!

Jacqueline, funny how it's easier to focus on the negatives than positives.

Alicia, one of the things I'm trying to do is say out loud the things I'm thankful for while driving or drifting off to sleep.

THANK YOU ALL for dropping by. I'm especially grateful for your continued support.
PamT

Sharon Ervin said...

Sometimes inappropriate things link up in my mind. Did you ever hear the legend of the bean jar? Each time a couple had sex in their first year of marriage (today, I guess that would be their first year together), they put a bean in a bean jar. After the first year, each time they had sex, they removed a bean from the jar. The legend was they would never, the rest of their lives together, remove all the beans from the jar. I wonder if the gratitude theory might be similar. In a first year of her faith, a person puts a bean in the jar every time she says a little prayer of thanks. After that first year, she removes a bean for every prayer of thanks. Taking blessings for granted, would she ever remove all the beans? Hmmm. Our sex bean jar didn't work as advertised. Bill went to Vietnam when we'd been married two years. In the weeks following his homecoming, we pretty well emptied the bean jar. Extenuating circumstances. This analogy may be too X-rated for us, Pam. Maybe one should not compare apples and oranges, or bean jars.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

LOL Sharon!!

I think I heard of that bean jar...but it's been a long time.

Love your analogy though

Good luck and God's blessings
Thanks for dropping by
PamT

Patricia Kiyono said...

Beautiful meme. I've been told I'm an optimist, but I like to think of myself as someone who's happy with what she has, and is grateful for blessings and opportunities. These reminders help me to put those blessings into words and make a conscious habit of thanking God as well as the people who bring them about.

Anonymous said...

Pam,
Good post about gratitude. Many times we get caught up in the daily challenges of life and forget about the good times. Thank you for your reminder.
Mary

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I feel the same way, Patricia. I look for the good too. It's the expressing part I want to work on. THANK you so much for dropping by, your support is greatly appreciated.

Hey Mary! Thanks for stopping by. You're right we do get caught up in daily challenges and forget the good times. That's why I love these gentle reminders. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Good luck and God's blessings to you both!
PamT