Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, August 10, 2019

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Laura Tolomei & Virtus Sex

Hhhhmmmmm, bet the title of that novel got your attention!

Good Morning Friends,

Today's guest is new to me and our blog and is brought to us by Personalized Marketing Inc. so let's see what it's all about.

This book was previously published as Virtus, The Sex but has been completely revised and doubled in size with the addition of many new scenes.

When Prince Duncan Caldwell loses his way home and knocks on a stranger's door, looking to find shelter, he doesn't know his life is about to change forever. Not because he can't tear his gaze away from the beautiful woman who opens that door, but more so because she's a stranger yet he can't shake the feeling she belongs to him. And discovering she's been banned from his home can't stop the vortex of his feelings nor the truth of his world from crashing down on him.

This is just the beginning of the Virtus Saga, where nothing is as it seems. Not the world, since its all-pervading sex drive hides a scary lack of violence. Not the people, since soul mates Prince Duncan Caldwell and Lord Christopher Templeton share a love that is unrivaled until that fateful knock on Ylianor Meyer's dilapidated shack.

This book starts the love and the passion that entwines fiery sex into this intricate three-way relationship. It's a unique connection, laced with jealousy and violence that are unknown to their world. This is not just another erotic dark fantasy series. This is the making of a trio. Of three remarkable characters that must overcome their uncontrollable lust to face the truth about themselves and their planet if they want to defeat the darkness about to devour them. To be as one whilst three! To share power and love in equal measures. This is their real challenge, the lesson they must learn. Otherwise, how will their world survive?

Excerpt  

First, there was music.

Sweet, mellow and smooth, it filled the void until he drowned in the velvety thickness of the notes, with the ever new and different tunes. And he loved it, even if it wasn’t his creation, taking pride in directing the exquisite songs, also guided by that one voice. A soft whisper ever-present in his system, it didn’t blend with the rest of the sweet melody. It kept to the fore, echoing above all other sounds.

Then there was light.

Not just one. Thousands of colored flashes dispelled the darkness and connected to each note, anticipating or delaying it according to the rhythm, shifting to adapt to the new melody. And he liked to watch how light matched the music, how it delineated the tune even before it became sound. It was all part of the novelty of being the mastermind behind this foreign world, so very different from his original one.

Control was never enough, though. The more I had, the more I craved. That was when the nightmares began. Filled with all sorts of violence, from torture to carnage, they were foul and terrifying, yet also exciting to the point I relished each and everyone like a thirsty man deprived of water for far too long. Best of all, they awakened a completely new pleasure that required immediate fulfillment in increasing dosage. 

Wow, Laura, this sounds like a fascinating series for those who read erotic dark fantasy, now tell us a little about yourself...

If you really want to know, I was born in 1965 in Rome, Italy, but soon started my travelling career. At the age of five, my parents took me to Lagos, Nigeria, where I grew up free and hot like I've never been since. I loved it there and still think of it with nostalgia. Anyway, it was also where I learned English. 

After my African experience, I was ready to tackle the US. I lived in Atlanta, GA, five teen-age years, attending the Crestwood High School, where I started my writing career by publishing a short story Nostalgia on the Crestwood Journal. Very thrilled about discovering my new talent, I went ahead during college, writing for the Emory University journal The Phoenix. Three articles mark my first-and last-steps in journalism, "The peace Corps", "WAMM, Women Against Military Madness," and "Lesbism".

After my American experience, I moved back to Rome, but still kept living from time to time abroad, spending several months in Mumbay India, a country I always felt very close to me in more ways than one.

Today, I write both in Italian and English, mostly fiction of various genres, from fantasy erotica, to mysteries up to plain ordinary life stories.

Feel free to look over my current and future projects by visiting my website www.lallagatta.com. Get your copy of Virtus Sex from Amazon.

Remember friends, check back with us weekly for Wednesday Words with Friends and another Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care and God bless.
PamT

8 comments:

Laura Tolomei said...

Hi Pam, thank you so much for hosting me today!

It's a pleasure to be here, and I'll be happy to answer any readers who have questions or just want to chat.

Happy reading!

Laura

Personalized Marketing Inc said...

Hi Laura,

Great to see you out and blogging! What inspired you to write the Virtus Saga?

Dee
#PMInc

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, so nice to see you here!

Funny you should ask about what inspired the Virtus Saga cause I was trying to recall it myself :-)

For sure, the villain has been inspired by HAL 9000. Remember him? He was the computer gone evil in the movie 2001 Space Odissey.

The world has been inspired by my love for nature and for animals. Safe to say that everyone there is a vegetarian, like I've been for years, and there's no killing or hurting animals anywhere for any reason.

The main characters are all born from my imagination. The dark handsome prince, his blond gorgeous lover and the intriguing woman who comes between them have filled my dreams for so long that I just had to write them down.

And once,these separate elements came together, the Virtus Saga began!

Personalized Marketing Inc said...

Hello Laura,

Happy to come and say hi! I do remember the HAL 9000! Science Fiction sure has changed over the years but some of the great characters will always remain!

After getting to know you and your love of nature, I can see why you would create a world around them.

How intriguing that they tormented you until you had to write about them!

Hope you have a blast today!

Dee
#PMInc

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Congrats on your publication. There are readers for erotic fiction and you should do well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jacqueline!

Encouragement always helps, but for me the erotic genre is just an excuse to write about relationships. And that's what the Virtus Saga is all about: it's the making of a trio.

So yes, I'm hoping for readers in this genre, but also those curious enough about alternative lifestyles :-)

Thanks for dropping by!

Laura

Alicia Dean said...

Great excerpt. Love the cover and premise. Congrats and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Alicia for dropping in and for your lovely comment!

I just hope the excerpt fulfills readers' expectations :-)

Laura