Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, March 31, 2016

#ThursdayThoughts: Random Ramblings with Linda Nightingale

Hello and Welcome to the last Thursday Thoughts of March 2016!

Lent is over, Easter is behind us already, and this year is just moving right along.

Feb. 23rd's Tuesday Treasure guest, Linda Nightingale returns today to share some thoughts with us....

With only a brief respite working on Miami Beach for a very kind elderly millionaire, my career was in legal—a legal assistant. My job ranged from commercial real estate (working on the closing of Lenox Square in Atlanta) to residential real estate and real estate agent in South Carolina.  The last seven years, I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston until I retired to write full-time.  One year, I contracted for a former boss assisting with a Federal Court case on MRSA. That was interesting and challenging!

As to my dream career, I am now writing copy for an ad agency as a Content Strategist, and I love my “job”.  I found a hoodie online that I wanted to buy that said something like Content Strategist, “miracle worker”… but the winter in Houston did not exist this year.  Hoodies not needed.
The real reason I write is because I have to.  The characters chatter in my head until I sit down at the keyboard…then they go silent, and I stare at a blank screen. My WIP is a ghost story that I’m writing with the intention of submitting it to my publisher.  Her Captain in Gray is about a woman who buys a pre-Civil War house in the South Carolina Low Country and finds herself with a roommate—the ghost of a Confederate captain.  My other 6 novels run the gamut from dark fantasy to romantic suspense and are all available on Amazon.


Thank you, Pam, for allowing me to ramble a bit on your lovely blog.  The cover is for my soon to be released Gylded Wings from The Wild Rose Press and was created by the incredible cover artist Debbie Taylor. 
About Linda....
Born in South Carolina, Linda Nightingale has lived in England, Canada, Miami, Atlanta and Houston.  She’s seen a lot of this country from the windshield of a truck pulling a horse trailer, having bred, trained and showed Andalusian horses for thirteen years.

Linda has won several writing awards, including the Georgia Romance Writers Magnolia Award.   As well as an author, she is a legal assistant and a mother of two incredible sons, one in England; the other a graphic artist in Houston.  She is a member of the Houston Symphony League and enjoys events with her car club.  Two of her favorite things are her snazzy black convertible and her parlor grand piano.

She is the author of three novels published by Double Dragon Publishing, a Canadian publisher. Gemini Rising, winner of the Preditors’ and Editors 2013 Poll in Mainstream, is a controversial dark fantasy, getting good reviews.  Sinners’ Opera and Cardinal Desires are paranormal romances starring sexy vampires.  The following is a snippet of a review for Sinners’ Opera:  “Morgan and Isabeau are characters that could be placed in the same category as some of the most famous couples in romance history - Romeo and his Juliet, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy - and their romance plays out like one of Beethoven's famous love letters.”

Visit her web site at http://www.lindanightingale.com(site designed by Simon Nightingale) for a continuing vampire story.  Catch her on Twitter at @LNightingale.  She is on Facebook, or visit her blog http://lindanightingale.wordpress.com/

Under the pen name Bianca Swan, she writes erotic romance.  The Wild Rose Press published two novellas. Double Dragon Publishing released one Bianca novel.

Linda's latest novel, Gambler's Choice is available now from Amazon in paperback and for Kindle.

Hope you enjoyed this week's Thursday Thoughts and that your return each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time...take care and God Bless!
PamT

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow Linda your past and current jobs sound pretty interesting :) Good luck on your release and with your WIP!

MJ Schiller said...

You've led a varied life! I'm sure your experiences enrich your writing. Nice to find out more about you. :)

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Linda, how great to meet you! Having recently traveled to beautiful South Carolina, I know I'll love Her Captain in Gray. And congrats on the Debbie Taylor cover... She did my Lawman series at TWRP and I loved every one! You are one busy, talented lady!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Congrats on the new novel! I always love ghost romances. Best wishes.

marilyn leach said...

I can only imagine your various career opportunities bring a rich flavor to your writing. Hope the new book goes over very well. Cheers

Nightingale said...

Thank you to all my visitors!! I so much appreciate the well wishes!!

Alicia Dean said...

Fascinating jobs! You must have learned and experienced all sorts of interesting things. Your books look awesome! Congrats...