Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#TuesdayTreasure: History

Good Afternoon!

Well it's been a busy morning for me (nothing unusual right?). It's also been a while since I shared with you something I treasure. But before I do, Authors Helping Authors a promo group I belong to (actually I belong to 2 of these of the same name -- like I need something else to confuse me LOL!--anyway, one is differentiated from the other by the acronym MYAHA) this other group is the one through which we do different blog hops.... Y'know the Eggcerpt Exchange, Rocking Summer Romance, etc... Well we are embarking on Spring Fling Romance blog exchange/hop. So watch for the hashtag (#SpringFlingRomance) and this graphic to discover some great authors and books in the coming weeks. 



Okay....now to something I treasure....

I've never been a big history buff but I do enjoy visiting historical places. This past weekend, a special friend and I visited my home away from home, Bandera, TX and toured a historic church I'd like to share with you.


St. Stanislaus was constructed in 1855 and, if I remember correctly, is listed as the oldest Polish Catholic Church in the Texas and the 2nd oldest Catholic Church in the US. This church is decorated with stained glass windows and wall murals the like of which I've not seen. The area behind the altar is absolutely gorgeous!


Upon entering the sacred building we were given a spiral binder with descriptions of every stained glass window and mural as well as the history of the church and the saint after which it is named.

As it was Easter weekend, the Blessed Sacrament (Eucharist) was exposed and set out for adoration.

Absolutely lovely! 

While walking through the building I could actually feel God's Holy Presence within the walls and it reminded me of a conversation between Katrina Simmons and Scott Hensley (the h/h in Tempered Dreams) as they toured the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans, LA and how true those words are....

“God is in this place. Don’t you feel Him?”

Scott smiled tenderly, and nodded. He chose his words with care. “There’s no doubt the Holy Spirit of God dwells in special places of worship. Some more than others. But Trina, His desire is to dwell in here.” He touched her heart.

“Take what you feel in this place and carry it with you, knowing God is within. That’s when you’ll find your greatest peace, your greatest strength. The Bible says I will never leave you nor forsake you. Jesus said, ‘The Kingdom of God is within you.’ More than anything God wants to live in our hearts and minds. He wants us to know He’s there, to trust in that and to believe in His presence from the deepest part of our hearts and souls. Then and only then will you experience the kingdom of God on earth.”



This is definitely one trip and a piece of history I'll treasure forever. If you ever get a chance to visit Bandera, Texas make sure you take time out of your vacation to visit St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, a piece of history we, Catholic and non-Catholics alike should All treasure.

 And it goes without saying you should visit the Silver Spur Guest Ranch too!

**NOTE:** photos borrowed from Church's website**

Tempered Dreams can be purchased at the following places in formats mentioned....

Amazon Print: http://amzn.to/1q4Q8hV


Well friends, I hope you enjoyed this Tuesday Treasure! Stay tuned for more great Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights.

Until later take care, God Bless and remember.... It is important to not only remember who we are but Whose we are and where we came from!

Something to think about.....

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge" 

No comments: