Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday Treasure: Grace Unplugged

Good Morning & a Blessed one I pray it is!

So much has transpired in the past week I can't even begin to recount...but I'll try.... I have uploaded all 4 of the Tempered books as well as The Visionary to Create Space and ordered a proof copy. Once the files are approved, those books will be available in print also! The Wordsmith Journal magazine has gone through some major transformations (more on that later) and the Oct edition is live! Oh and as Marketing Associate for Pelican Book Group, I've been gearing up for the launch of our new YA imprint: Watershed Books. Join PBG for our Face Book Launch Party all Day Thursday (Oct 3rd!). Hopefully you understand why there were no Thursday Thoughts or Saturday Spotlight. But I promise I'll get back on track this week and hopefully won't get off track again.

Now that we've covered my life in a nutshell, let's get on to our Tuesday Treasure: Grace Unplugged.

Last month I shared with you the devotional Own It by Michael and Haley DiMarco. Today I'd like to share with you the book Grace Unplugged, which is a novelization of the script written by best selling YA author, Melody Carlson.

In the film, Grace Trey is an 18-year-old singer who aspires to more than just singing at her local church, where the worship leader is her father—a former rock star (James Denton). With the help of her dad's former manager (Kevin Pollack), Grace finds fame within her grasp, but must decide if grabbing the fortune is really worth letting go of her faith.

GRACE UNPLUGGED the novel unlocks the moving and meaningful story of the film hailed as “one of the best, most entertaining Christian movies ever made.”

You can also purchase the soundtrack from the movie BUT Grace Hills Media is giving away a copy to one lucky person who leaves a comment today! Be sure and leave your email address.

This book is available at Amazon (Kindle) (Audio), Barnes & Noble (Nook) (Soundtrack), Christian Book.com (Audio) (Ebook) (Soundtrack) and Deeper Shopping.

Melody Carlson has written around 200 books for teens, women and children. That's a lot of books, but mostly she considers herself a "storyteller." Her books range from serious issues like schizophrenia (Finding Alice) to lighter topics like house-flipping (“A Mile in My Flip-Flops”) but most of the inspiration behind her fiction comes right out of real life. Her young adult novels (“Diary of a Teenage Girl,” “TrueColors,” etc.) appeal to teenage girls around the world. Her annual Christmas novellas become more popular each year. She's won a number of awards (including the Rita and Gold Medallion) and some of her books have been optioned for film/TV. Carlson has two grown sons and makes her home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and yellow Lab dog. To find out more about Melody Carlson, visit her website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/


You can also purchase the soundtrack from the movie BUT Grace Hills Media is giving away a copy to one lucky person who leaves a comment today! Be sure and leave your email address.

Well Friends, sounds like a great movie, book and soundtrack! 

Hope you enjoyed this edition of Tuesday Treasure. Stay tuned for more!

PamT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sound tract would be so awesome! I didn't know it was available. Thank you. Grace Unplugged has been on my list, but have not gotten it yet. Blessings to you. I know the sound tract will be a blessing that would be treasured.
mcnuttjem0@gmail.com

misswanderer said...

The movie sounds like a great one! I'm not sure if it's playing in my area, but I'm looking forward to seeing it eventually, and I'd love the soundtrack. My address is briogirl90@hotmail.com