Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Dianne Miley!

Good Morning Friends!

So good to see you here again for another Saturday Spotlight. Today's guest is fellow TWRP/WRP author, Dianne Miley and her book, Lilacs for Laura.
First a little about Dianne in her own words.....
Growing up, I always loved to write. I began writing poetry in second grade. During high school, I wrote for the yearbook and school paper. I took creative writing classes because I enjoyed making up stories. Now I flex my imagination through inspiring tales of romance and mystery. Best of all, I’ve found a way to share my faith through fictional characters in a fun romance.

In real life, I've been married to my high school sweetheart for over 25 years. God blessed us with both a son and daughter who are now grown and in college.

Besides writing and promoting my books, I write a newspaper column called Time to Enjoy for the Geauga County Maple Leaf. In addition, my husband and I own a small auto transport trucking company. I handle the accounting and secretarial work, as well as delivering cars occasionally.

In my spare time – ha! – I enjoy gardening, flower arranging, decorating, cooking, baking, and entertaining. I also love visiting tea rooms and quaint little shops like the ones in Crystal Falls. A collector of teapots, teacups, and pretty old dishes, I adore using them to host tea parties for family and friends. See the Fun page of my website for favorite tea party recipes of one of the characters in the Crystal Falls series. (All women after my own heart.)

Laura James loves working in her family’s flower shop, but has to ward off advances from her brother-in-law. She distrusts men but cannot deny her attraction when she stumbles into Brett Mitchell. Drawn to one another despite their conflicting goals, Laura longs for a secure future in her Ohio hometown, while Brett yearns for adventure and an escape from his abusive father. When he lands a NASCAR job in North Carolina, Laura fears she will never see him again.

Devastated, she withdraws just when she needs help most. Her brother-in-law is murdered and all evidence points to Laura. Brett knows members of her family, as well as the town gossip share motive and opportunity. Will he return to help clear her? Who will reveal the killer in a shocking twist? And will Laura ever find security in love?

EXCERPT:
Laura James froze in her tracks.

Good heavens, was that Brett Mitchell in the gazebo? Back in high school, every girl in Crystal Falls had a crush on him. He graduated a year ahead of her, in her sister's class, and had left for college.

Handsome as ever in a uniform shirt and jeans, he wolfed down a sandwich. Laura hadn’t expected him to return to Crystal Falls, especially not with a father like his.

She heard a noise behind her, and a sudden, sharp pain pinched her behind. With a shout, she leapt into the air and whirled around.

“Ahhhh!” She flailed her arms at the oversized bird. It headed for her sandwich. Laura swung her purse at a wing. The swan dodged flying makeup and keys.

“Awwwk!” With beady eyes aimed for attack, its long white neck thrust toward her.

Laura threw her purse at the bird and turned to run. The swan bit her butt again. She yelped and ran, looking back as it nipped at her heels.

Suddenly she hit a wall of hard flesh. Strong arms lifted her off the ground. She spun around and landed with Brett Mitchell between her and the swan.

His nearness took her breath away.

Lilacs for Laura is available in Ebook and Print from White Rose Publishing!

Well Folks, that's it for another Saturday Spotlight. Join me Wednesday when I introduce you to a very special author.

Until later....take care and Be Blessed!
PamT

2 comments:

Donna B said...

LOL...a swan...brings back memories of a tour I went on of a winery in PA. They had a lovely pond with a group of swans on it. when we sat down to eat our picnic lunch they came closer and closer, eventually surrounding us. my daughter was little then and she was scared to death of them. We literally ended up running away from them and tossing our scraps so they would leave us alone. The story sounds great!

Mary Ricksen said...

Lilacs are my favorite flower. So it's like fate pushing me to read your book. The excerpt helped too!