Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Keena Kincaid

Hello Friends,

Well, after the last 2.5 weeks with three adult children and one grandchild in from out of state, this past week sure was quiet - except when I had to go to the main office instead of my normal home-away-from home to work LOL!

Today's spotlight is author Keena Kincaid and her book, Anam Cara.
Blame the stolen stones. While hiking along Hadrian’s Wall in northern Britain a few years ago, Keena Kincaid stopped at a pub for a bite and pint and noticed what looked suspiciously like Roman-cut stones in the foundation. She wondered what stories they’d tell if they could. ANAM CARA came to life that afternoon, anchored by its setting in a then 1000-year-old pub.
Keena grew up on an Ohio farm slightly to the left of nowhere and learned to read by picking words out of an old history book that vividly recounted the past through short stories centered on children of the age: The Grecian slave boy. The girl from Pompeii. The knight’s squire in England.

The stories stayed with her. After honing her writing skills as a newspaper reporter and editor, she switched to public relations and began writing fiction. When not working or writing romance, Keena regales her niece and nephews with stories of quick-thinking ladies, mathematically challenged knights, and ill-mannered dragons that chew with their mouths open.

Back of book blurb:
Branwyn ap Owen knows it’s appointed for men “once to die, then the judgment” but his hell is to live again and again until he rights an ancient wrong. Unlike other such souls caught on a karmic wheel, he remembers the past, and he always remembers her.

Liza knows nothing of the vow trapping her in Bran’s judgment, yet when he walks into her inn, she knows he could destroy the life she has carefully built over the years if she lets him get too close. Trouble is, Bran can’t take a hint, no matter how blunt she is.

Determined to repair the damage of his first betrayal, Bran uses the knowledge of a thousand years to woo Liza. Yet just as he begins to regain her heart, a fresh betrayal threatens their last hope for love.

Excerpt:
Bran frowned at the bite in her voice. “I do no’ ken yer anger with me, Liza. No’ even the Scots are this combative. Do I remind ye of yer husband or a lover who ill-used ye?”

“I have had no lover but him.”

“Perhaps that ‘tis the problem. Ye want what ye can no’ have.”

She made a sound between disgust and laughter. “Oh, I am quite certain I can have it if I but ask.”

“Aye, ye could.”

She stared at the river.

“Liza.”

Her name on his tongue pulled her agitation into a sharp-pointed need. She ached.

“I can no’ offer ye the morrow. Even if I ne’er leave Carlisle, this moment is all that is mine to give.”

She made the mistake of looking at him. He claimed her attention, kept it. Heat sparked between them. Nervousness swarmed like excited bees in her stomach. Wulfric had never made her tingle with expectation, and Aelric for all his sweetness never caused her body to knot like a Celtic brooch. Bran did both just by breathing.

Oh boy, gotta love those Celtic romances! Anam Cara is available now at The Wild Rose Press! You can find out more about Keena at her website.

Thanks for joining me for this week's edition of Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you again soon!

Until later..... Be Blessed!

5 comments:

Sharon Donovan said...

Hi Pam and Keena. As a Celtic, love the excerpt, Keena! Sounds like an intriguing read for the TBR list. Best of luck with sales.

Sharon Donovan
Romantic Suspense with a Twist of Faith
www.sharonadonovan.com

Mary Ricksen said...

Hi Keena, Pam. I love a
brogue so you got me with the excerpt. I wish you the very best and I hope you sell a ton of books too!

Keena Kincaid said...

Thanks, Sharon, Mary.

Keena Kincaid said...

Oops. That was a premature post. :-) Thanks, Sharon, Mary. I love a brogue, too. And I actually 'heard' Bran's voice long before I 'saw' him.

Hywela Lyn said...

I love the sound of this book Keena, and it's such a gorgeous cover too! Great excerpt!

Lyn