Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

#WednesdayWordswithFriends Welcomes Izzy James!

Good Morning Friends,

I'm going meet a friend at United Way to pack Literacy Kits for Pre-K thru 5th grade students in our community, so I'm not going to take up much of your time but turn the blog over to today's guest, Izzy James. Take it away Izzy....

Have you ever been completely misunderstood? I mean really misjudged with no opportunity to make your case? 

When I was in the fifth grade, I was chosen to be in a gifted math class. I loved math then and I love it now. The class was small, maybe eight students at most. I do not remember the teacher or all of my classmates, but I remember the day I got kicked out. 

My teacher had put a puzzle on the board for us to work on, whoever solved it first won the prize. I know now that the puzzle was a Sudoku. I had never seen one before. We worked on it during class, and two of my classmates solved it together. My teacher was so impressed she had them fill out their answer on the board for all of us to see. The project was over, my classmates had won the prize. 

I thought it was so clever and interesting a puzzle I wondered if it could be solved another way. So, I copied down their solution and put it in my papers to be thought about later. My teacher saw the imprint of my copied solution when she came by to check some other of my work. She told me, loud enough for the whole class to hear, that she would not tolerate cheating in her class and that I was to leave and never come back again.

Even as I write this, feelings of embarrassment and humiliation pink my cheeks. I went to a small parish school and there was no speaking up or explaining ever. My teacher misunderstood my intention, judged, and convicted me without any input from anyone including me. At that age it never occurred to me to argue or even tell my parents. The verdict had been handed down and I went back to regular math class.

Reed Archer is in a slightly different situation in that he was not a good little girl who would never cheat anyone. In fact, he’d been a bit of a hellion before he left the Virginia Colony to complete his education in England. While there, he found friends in some devout young men who caused him to give his life to Christ. In The Woodcarver’s Snow-Kissed Christmas, Reed has come home to the community who is predisposed to think badly of him. He has hopes that childhood friend Ann Wright will look favorably on him and consent to be his wife.

His hopes were misplaced.

Ann Wright is not interested in a man who can always be found at the heart of trouble. She wants a man who will be a partner, not a lord. Nothing about Reed Archer indicates that he could be that man.

Can a risky proposition at Christmastide make them see each other in new light and bring a happily-ever-after for both of them?

***
Izzy James is the pen name of Elizabeth Chevalier Hull. Elizabeth grew up in coastal Virginia surrounded by the history of the founding of our nation. She lives there still with her fabulous husband in a house brimming with books. Connect with Izzy by visiting her Website and signing up for her Newsletter, or on Facebook, Instagram and Bookbub! Chec out Izzy's previous visits to our blog HERE.

Reed Archer is a man with a past. His new-found faith in God will not be believed by those who know his history. 

Ann Wright is a woman who wants to control her future. Her skill as an artist drives her need to be independent in a time when women usually must rely on the men in their lives to make decisions for them.

Can a risky proposition at Christmastide make them see each other in new light and bring a happily-ever-after for both of them?

Get your copy of The Woodcarver's Snowkissed Christmas at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, or Google Play 


Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll check back weekly for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time take care and God bless.

PamT

11 comments:

Liz Flaherty said...

That story makes me so sad. Your book, however, sounds terrific.

D. V. STONE said...

I hope the teacher reads thus post. Your book sounds great.

Barbara Britton said...

I loved your Christmas novel, Izzy. I'm sorry that happened to you in math class. Even children, need to be heard. Blessings!

Barbara Bettis said...

I hate the unfairness of what happened to you--but love your curiosity in wanting to try a different method! Love the sound of your story. You're such a good writer. All the best.

LoRee Peery said...

I agree with Liz about your post. Those things from childhood stay with us. Your Christmas story is a delight.

Anonymous said...

Izzy, thanks for sharing. As a retired teacher, the way you were treated breaks my heart. But, I loved your book! Such a sweet story of redemption.

Anonymous said...

This is Carol James, by the way. Not Anonymous. LOL

Jacqueline Seewald said...

As a retired teacher myself, it angers me that you were treated that way as child. As in all professions, there are good people and bad ones. Your novel sounds like a winner. Wishing you much success with it!

Anonymous said...

Not a nice teacher, but a life lesson. Your Christmas story is certainly intriguing and I wish you tons of success! ~Tanya Hanson

Izzy James said...

Thanks for featuring The Woodcarver's Snow-kissed Christmas, Pam!!

Thank you all for your empathy with my adventure in math class. I think we all have stories like that from our childhood, don't we? I'm thankful to God that those experiences and feelings can inform my writing.

I hope you will enjoy The Woodcarver's Snow-kissed Christmas!

~Izzy

Gail Pallotta said...

What an interesting story about your math teacher. Wow! I'm glad I didn't have her. And, it's good introduction to your new book, which sounds like it has a good message as well as a good story. Thanks for sharing.