Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

#TuesdayTreasure: Guest Post by Janet Elizabeth Lyn

Good Morning!

Well I'm off to Bandera, TX this moring and the Silver Spur Guest Ranch, my home away from home for a much needed visit so it is with great pleasure and not much fan fare I welcome back to the blog Janet Elizabeth Lyn with something she treasures....



South of the Pier was my first mystery novel. As I plotted the story, things just weren’t coming together. I had outlines, character studies, main plot and sub plots, but nothing seem right. Frustrated, doubt crept in. Was this the right novel to write? Then my single sister received word that everything was in order for her to pickup her adopted baby…in Guatemala.
We had to be there in three days. Rushing to get thing together and fly south, I put the novel on the back burner hoping getting away would help me figure out what to do.
Nervous and excited we stepped off the plane anxious to see my new niece. At that moment the novel “hit me in the head”. The characters told me what had to happen. As we drove to Guatemala City all at once it became crystal clear how the story would unfold, with new characters, dialogue, arguments, and hand to hand battles. I felt like I was having stroke! That night at 9pm I started typing on my laptop. My fingers flew till 2am. Inspiration flooded my senses with each paragraph.
          The next morning, Jenny, 11 months old, was brought to the hotel by a loving foster family. Fifteen family members showed up to say good-bye with small gifts for her to take to America and her new life. They cried for 2 hours trying say good-bye.

Jenny was the most beautiful little girl in the world…and still is 8 years later. 


Wow what an inspirational story!

Find out more about Janet and her book at the following places....



South of the Pier is available at Amazon. 
Watch the book trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DznY4XBw-dY

Hope you enjoyed this Tuesday Treasure. Stay tuned for more Tuesday Treasure, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights!

PamT

No comments: