Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

#TuesdayTreasure: Guest Post by Shelly Shepard Gray

Good Morning,

Today I, along with LitFuse Publicity Group, welcome Shelly Shepard Gray to tell us about something she treasures...


I treasure my Hope Chest. I received it when I was 14 or 15, and to be honest, I think my father had gotten it for me mainly because it was a pretty, antique trunk, and it might do a good job of holding all of my books.

It did hold books. But soon it also turned into a keeper of secrets, a storage area for photos, and now, a collection receptacle for all things special in my life.

Those of you who know me well know that I am not organized by nature. I don’t file, I don’t really alphabetize, and I never made scrapbooks for my kids. I did, however, take the time to toss things in my hope chest from time to time. That’s why it has drawings my kids made when they were little, the set of scrubs my husband wore when our son was born, sympathy cards from when my father passed away, and even the fancy comb I wore in my hair from a dance in high school.


The trunk is packed tight now, but I do love to peek inside every once in a while and see what I can find. I secretly love that nothing is in order. I like having to sort through all kinds of photos, buttons, dried flowers and old teddy bears to find what I am looking for. I like to think that it’s a good reminder to take the time to remember what is important in life. Family and faith and friends. 


Shelley Shepard Gray is a two-time New York Times bestseller, a two-time USA Today bestseller, a finalist for the American Christian Fiction Writers prestigious Carol Award, and a two-time Holt Medallion winner. She lives in Southern Ohio, where she writes full-time, bakes too much, and can often be found walking her dachshunds on her town’s bike trail.

Find out more about Shelly by visiting her website.


Hope you enjoyed this Tuesday Treasure. Stay tuned for more...

Until later...take care & God Bless.
PamT

No comments: