Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, October 9, 2014

#ThursdayThoughts: Alone in Love....

Good Morning!

Well today is one of those random rambling days and I'm sharing some thoughts on being in love....


George Strait's song Desperately has been playing on the jukebox in the back of my mind for several days now so I thought explore the reasons why.

The chorus says.... "But desperately, I long to feel your touch, but you left me all alone in love."

How many of us feel that way after a breakup or death? I know I did....

Still do.

But lately another sharp edge to those words have been revealed and as the thought takes root, so does the fear. 

The fear of falling in love all by myself.

If you've followed me for long you know I don't see single-hood as a smorgasbord of opportunity to meet members of the opposite sex, but as a jungle or minefield

Therefore you'll understand my sentiments.

So how do I/you/we overcome this fear?

Prayer of course is the first and foremost way. Isaiah 34:16 says, "Seek out the book of the Lord and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is His mouth that has given the order and His Spirit will guide them together."

I meditate on this Scripture and trust that in God's perfect timing I'll meet my next soul mate.

Get clear of what you desire in a mate...write that down and put in in your bible next to this Scripture. Go deeper than what's obvious in your description, list the emotional attributes you seek (loving, kind, generous, emotionally available, etc)

Write a letter to your soul mate and his or her guardian angels.


I saw this on Face Book one day and it made perfect sense.



Visualization is a wonderful tool so get pictures of couples in love, hearts, couples dancing or sharing a romantic dinner, hiking or running together. In other words doing what you'd love to do with your soul mate and spend a few minutes every day or a couple of days each week imagining you with him/her doing these things.

Be patient and trust. I know, I know, these are the toughest to do, but the most important thing you can do is have faith and wait for God to bring your soul mate to you. Especially if you find yourself drawn to someone. Get in touch with your deepest self and always be aware of your feelings and open to those around you. You may be attracted to someone on every level but if that person is not responding as you'd like, understand he or she may not be as into you as you are to them. Or may be going through some emotional healing/growth and is not where your soul mate needs to be.


In other words, have faith in the process and trust in the fact that you and your soul mate are destined to meet!



Most importantly, spend quiet/quality time with the Lover of your soul. Lean on Him for comfort, strength and guidance while you wait on His timing.




Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge! 


3 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

My husband and I knew from the start that we had a strong attraction. He proposed on our second date. I hope everyone can find this kind of relationship.

Donna B said...

There is a woman in my church who had long since given up on God bringing her a mate. She thought she was being punished for her past before she knew Christ. But late in her 40's she met the one God meant for her. They are so happy together it's beautiful! Never give up. God's timing is not our own. That's the toughest thing to accept!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

That's wonderful Jacqueline! My marriage was a really good one and I too, pray people experience the same.

Thanks for sharing Donna, keeps the hope alive :-)

Thanks ladies for stopping by!
PamT