Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Judith Gilbert

Hello Again Friends!

Hope you enjoyed the VBT on Wednesday - such a lovely book. Watch for my review in the near future.

For today's spotlight, friend and fellow author Judith Gilbert returns with her book Blood Hunt.
A Little about Judith in her own words.....I've always loved to read romance and longed to try my hand at writing various genres, but that practical side of me went for an accounting degree instead. After working in accounting for the government and later as a Sr. Financial Analyst for a major oil company in Houston, I walked away from the pressure cooker corporate world to chase my dream of writing. My husband and two children think I've lost my mind, taking on the stress and pressure of a publishing career that chews authors up every day, but I'm still chasing that dream of mine. Drop by either of my websites: http://www.authorjudithgilbert.com/ or http://www.authorjgilbert.com/ and wish me luck and don't forget to enter the two website contests I run each month!
BLOOD HUNT: THE LEGEND
How far would you go to keep a deadly secret? Would you let a little boy die?

Nurse Brianna Eaton’s world turns upside down when EMTs bring her best friend and her six-year-old son to St. Francis. Bri’s blood is the only hope he has. If she saves him, she can no longer hide what she is—part vampire, part witch. Forces will come against her; it’s only a matter of time. Not even the fierce vampire protector her father assigns can stop the fulfillment of The Legend.

EXCERPT: This is The Legend, written by witches as a dire warning to any witch who would break their laws.

The Legend
Never underestimate the seductive power of vampires.
Cursed be the witch who defiles herself with he who will not die.
Woe to the child of the undead, conceived by witchcraft,
for inside this unholy beauty runs a river of tainted blood.
The undead who drink of her overcome the sun.
Look for the child whose strength has no boundaries,
heed our dire warning before it is too late.
Destroy this child of darkness.
Once it comes to full power, all will be lost.
Nothing can fill its insatiable appetite.

Behold the blood-beast who will not die!
BLOOD HUNT: THE LEGEND, A VAMPIRE/WITCH PARANORMAL is available in Ebook and print!
Ooohhh chilling!
Hope you enjoyed this week's spotlight, watch these next couple of Wednesday's when I post about my brand new grandbaby!
And of course, check back every Saturday for another Spotlight.
Until later....take care, be BLESSED and Testify!
PamT

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read excerpts and heard a lot about this book. I can't wait to read it! Great blog today!

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Judith,
Ooh scarey excerpt. Certainly sounds like a great read. Love the cover too.
Cheers
Margaret

Ashley Ludwig said...

Excellent, Judith! I am totally enamored with Vampire lore! And witches, too?! Looking forward to this one. The part about the child strikes to the core. Well written!

Thanks for sharing!

~Ashley

P.L. Parker said...

Always love a good vampire story. My favorite reading material.

Patsy
P. L. Parker

Marianne Evans said...

Intriguing excerpt! Your book sounds great, Judith. Pam, great blog! :-)

Christine Clemetson said...

Great excerpt, Judith. Thanks for sharing. :)

Christine