Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, September 10, 2022

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Mary Marelli & Moon Over Montana!

Good Morning from Natchitoches, LA!

Yep, we brought the camper up Thursday and are having a lot of fun exploring our northern neighbors. Today's guest is new to me and our blog so PLEASE give Mary Marelli a Huge W-E-L-C-O-M-E as she shares with us her book, Moon Over Montana....

Megan Donovan's broken engagement has left her aimless with only one place to go: Montana. Her estranged grandfather has left the broken-down ranch of her mother's youth. Trouble is, Mom's memories of that time are so tainted that Megan doesn't want anything to do with the place.

The wild horses that David “Cam” Campbell protects from rustlers need a sanctuary to roam free. What better location than Old Man Jenkins' acreage adjacent to his own successful ranch? But Cam's gotten off on the wrong foot with Megan, and that gal's not selling—not unless Cam can convince her that it's best for everyone involved.

But is giving Megan a reason to leave, really the best he can do?

Excerpt: A soft whinny echoed across the valley. Megan gasped. Tears sprang to her eyes, and she turned her camera toward the sound. The thunder of hooves built slowly and then intensified as a herd of wild mustangs galloped through. A chestnut stallion stood watch over his domain, a sorrel mare by his side. The mighty leader whinnied and tossed his head. Majestic, devoted, and brave, he guarded his herd of mares and foals.

Cam pointed. “This is what it’s all about. This is my passion. My crusade, if you wish. This is what I’m fighting to preserve.”

Megan’s bottom lip trembled, and she lowered her camera. “They’re beautiful.” She shook her head. “No. That doesn’t do them justice. They’re magnificent. So regal and loyal.” She turned toward Cam. “They are, you know. Loyal. They’re a family.”

Cam nodded. “That they are, and I wish more people saw it that way. Look at them. They’re not causing any harm. Cattle don’t graze down in that hollow. It’s too dangerous to drive them down. As long as the horses stay here, they’re safe. It’s when they stray onto the range we rode though, that they’re in danger.”

“Rustlers?” Megan asked.

“That’s what I think.” 

****

Mary K. Marelli lives with her husband on a private lake nestled in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains in eastern Pennsylvania.  Her writing is inspired by a variety of true life experiences, and a cause dear to her heart, the preservation of America’s wild horses. Find out more about Mary by visiting her Website and connecting with her on Twitter and Facebook!

Get your copy of Moon Over Montana at Amazon or Pelican Book Group.

THANK You so much, Mary for sharing with us today! We wish you the best of luck and God's blessings with your book(s).

Moon Over Montana sounds like a great reads friends so check it out and come back next week for Wednesday Words with Friends and another Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God bless.

PamT

11 comments:

Mary K. Marelli said...

Thank you Pam for so graciously offering to showcase my book, Moon over Montana, on your blog. I can't wait to talk to everyone who drops by for a visit.

Barbara Britton said...

Hi Mary! Congratulations on your book. I thoroughly enjoyed your story. All the best to you.

Kara O'Neal said...

I love a hero who takes care of horses! Sounds great!

Carol James said...

Congratulations on your release. I enjoyed the book. Loved Cam!

Barbara Bettis said...

I really enjoyed the blurb and excerpt from your new book, Mary. It's on my TBR list now!
Wishing you all the best.

Gail Pallotta said...

What a great excerpt. The obvious love and knowledge of horses pulled me right into the page.

LoRee Peery said...

This is a beautiful story that I enjoyed immensely. I look forward to your next one, Mary.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Sounds like a fine read! Congrats and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this wonderful-sounding book, Mary! I have volunteered at a horse rescue for years, and helping out these magnificent animals is one of my passions. Can’t wait to dig into your story. This is Tanya Hanson but it wants me to be anonymous lol.

Mary K. Marelli said...

Thank you Pam, for the opportunity to showcase my book. I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful people. We truly care about one another and support one another. That is a blessing. I thank everyone who stopped by to read the excerpt and comment. You helped to lift my spirit today. May God bless

Alina K. Field said...

Cam sounds like a keeper! Congratulations on the book!