Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, February 12, 2022

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Kerry Blaisdell & Damning the Dead!

Good Morning Friends,

It's been a crazy week for me. Not like you haven't heard that before right? LOL! Anyway, started out last Saturday when I went to my daughter's house to be with the kids while she and my wonderful son-in-love took a "quick" trip to Disney for their birthdays (he Jan 26 her Feb 8). That "quick" flight turned into a minor disaster when the flight was cancelled in Dallas after a 6+ hour layover and they had to rent a car, drive home that night then get up and drive to FL on Sunday - UGH then, on top of that my allergies went berserk - you know the drill runny nose, itchy watery eyes, sneezing and sniffling - the whole nine yards. I'm still dealing with some sinus congestion after 3 days of meds. Threw my whole week off. Now I'm back in my little house and the kids are home safe and sound after a wonderful trip despite the rough beginning so, as they say, "all's well that ends well."

How was YOUR week?

While you reflect on the good that came out of whatever you experienced, please welcome another new-to-our-blog guest, Kerry Blaisdell with her book, Damning the Dead about which InD'Tale Magazine says, "Addicting and witty, Damning the Dead will bend every rule readers thought they knew about life and death!”

W-E-L-C-O-M-E, Kerry!

Hyacinth Finch’s life-after-death just got more complicated. High on her to-do list: Stop Satan from stealing any more of Archangel Michael’s powerful relics, marshal her Dead Army of two thousand souls, and recapture dozens of escaped Hell Demons, to prevent six thousand dead Nazis from wreaking havoc in the world. And on top of all that, her onetime ghost boyfriend has hijacked the body of a former German militant, which has its ups and downs for their relationship.

Then, just when things seem to be under control, her nephew Geordi’s powers start leaking out, and Hyacinth’s own begin to change. She must discover where their abilities originated. But as she digs deeper, will the truths she uncovers do more harm than good? And more importantly—can she figure it out, before Satan escapes from Hell and takes Geordi for himself?

Excerpt: I caught a movement and a flash of white in the trees. I stepped closer, squinting into the gloom, then jerked back, heart thundering, adrenaline whooshing through me.

It couldn’t be… 

I forced a deep breath, then approached the trees again. All was silent, except for the normal forest sounds of rustling leaves and sighing pine boughs. I waited, expecting any moment to see again the figure of a man—one I’d last seen vanishing into a lava pit on his way back to Hell. An oily, dark-haired man with a Mediterranean tan, wearing a white suit that emphasized his bulk—far too large to vanish completely, and so silently. 

Unless he was a figment of my imagination. That must be it—sleep deprivation combined with hypoglycemia. I gave myself a mental shake. 

Then a twig snapped and I whirled in relief, thinking Eric had returned after all.

But the forest remained empty, and a cold shudder settled low in my gut. “Who’s there? Sieg? Liam?”

Nothing. Even the birds and other critters had gone preternaturally silent.

I made a slow circle, peering at the edges of the clearing. Surely just an animal. Which might be worse—were there bears in these woods? Or wolves? 

I heard a loud rustling and spun to find Liam a few yards away. 

“Something wrong?” 

“No,” I said, relief making my reply sharper than intended. 

I moved past him into the trees, and a moment later, he followed. My own personal buffer against whatever lurked in the woods. Animal? Or demon?

I shivered again and quickened my pace.

Kerry Blaisdell is the bestselling and award-winning author of the acclaimed Dead Series, including DEBRIEFING THE DEAD and its sequels, WAKING THE DEAD and DAMNING THE DEAD, which InD’tale Magazine recommends for “fans of shows like ‘Constantine’ or ‘Supernatural.’” 

She also writes award-winning Romantic Suspense (PUBLISH OR PERISH, a Publishers Weekly BookLife Prize Quarterfinalist) and Historical Mystery. She has a B.A. from U.C. Berkeley in Comparative Literature (French/Medieval English), and a Master’s in Teaching Advanced Mathematics from University of Portland. 

Find out more by visiting her Website, joining her Reader Group or signing up for her newsletter (and get a free gift!)

Get your copy of Damning the Dead at Amazon and Other Online Retailers.

Wow, Kerry, this book sounds fascinating! Thanks for sharing. We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings.

Hope you enjoyed Kerry's visit as much as I did, Friends and that you'll stop by each week for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care, God Bless, oh and Happy Valentines Day!

PamT

PS: I have codes for FREE audiobooks (Love is a Rose, Keri's Christmas Wish, Lori's Redemption, & Tempered Truth) email me or leave a comment and I'll send one right over to you.

7 comments:

Alicia Dean said...

Oh my gosh, Pam. What a nightmare. I'm glad everyone is safe. Kerri...this book sounds fantastic! Just my kind of read. Congrats and best wishes!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam,

Glad all is back to normal. Kerri, the book sounds like an exciting read. Congrats!

Kara O'Neal said...

I hate flying. I'm relieved everyone is safe. And Kerri, your book sounds imaginative and suspenseful! I've never read a book that's got Michael the Archangel in it!

Sadira Stone said...

Loved this book! I hope your week of unfortunate events lets up, Pamela.

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone, and thanks Pam for hosting me!!

Mary Preston said...

This looks all kinds of exciting.

D. V. STONE said...

Glad you're getting back on track Pam. I loved Book1 I need to read 2 and 3. Congratulations Kerry!