Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, September 4, 2021

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Terry Korth Fischer @terryIsWriting & Gone Astray

Hello Again,

Yes, it is an unusual thing to have 2 spotlights on the same day but after a sincere email and proof that she DID send her information (which I NEVER Received!) I must apologize and ask forgiveness from My GUEST who was scheduled to appear and YOU my reader friends.

Please forgive me for venting my frustration earlier and please know Terry, my comments were not directed to you alone. This happens All. The. Time.

Thank you for understanding and Thank You for following up!!!

Now, please introduce us to your book....

A heart attack sends detective Rory Naysmith reeling. Too young to retire, he accepts a position in small-town Winterset, Nebraska. Handed an unsolved truck hijacking case, with the assistance of a rookie, Rory sets out to prove he is still able to go toe-to toe with younger men. When the body of a Vietnam veteran turns up, he dons his fedora and spit-shines his shoes. But before he can solve the murder, an older woman disappears, followed closely by a second hijacking. He doggedly works the cases, following a thread that ties the two crimes together.  But can Rory find the mental and physical strength to up his game and bring the criminals to justice before disaster strikes?

Excerpt: 

Sunny's voice burst through the intercom, rife with excitement. "Holy schmoley, Chief. We got a live dead one!" Her voice filled the chief's office. "You got Naysmith in there? He needs—"

Rory's heart jumped. Dead body?

Chief Mansfield grabbed the phone, cutting Sunny's voice off. "What ya got?"

While Mansfield listened, Rory checked the department cell at his hip. One call, Sunny. Crap. His first chance, and he'd almost missed it. His mind started to whirl.

The chief's hooded eyes turned to Rory. "I'll send him right out. Get Thacker on the horn. We'll need him to run Naysmith to the scene." He slammed the receiver down.

"It's the senior care home. The boys found a body in the vacant lot. They say you better take a look." His face lit with excitement. "This could be just what we need."

Rory felt his pulse ratchet up. "Who's Thacker? He the rookie you were talking about?"

Mansfield rose and began to pace behind the desk. "The boys responded to a call. Thought something looked funny and turned up a body in a pile of leaves. Sunny has the details. I want you out there."

"Thacker?" Rory asked, rising as well.

"Yeah, Thacker. No time to clear you for a city car. He can run you out and then stick around to assist."

"I'm on it, Chief."

Rory stopped at his office for his hat and the newspaper. He secured the door and entered the dispatch office to find Powell handling the duty desk and Sunny seated at her computer. On the bank of security monitors, he noticed a police unit pull into the back lot. "What ya got, Sunny?"

"I got Thacker waiting. I got the boys out at the care home with a dead body. And I got a headache."

"Right. I'll get the details from the lead officer."

He couldn't move fast enough. 

Terry Korth Fischer writes mystery and memoir. Transplanted from the Midwest, Terry lives in Houston with her husband and their two guard cats. She enjoys a good mystery, heat and humidity, and long summer days. Connect with Terry at the following locations....

Website: https://terrykorthfischer.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/terryiswriting

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TerryIsWriting

Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/author/terrykorthfischer

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14349440.Terry_Korth_Fischer


Get your copy of Gone Astray at one of the following locations...

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LHnlYI

Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/3q5h4Wh

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/gone-astray-10

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56642853-gone-astray

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/gone-astray-by-terry-korth-fischer


Once again, Friends and Terry I apologize for venting my frustrations here. It's rude and unprofessional and will not happen again.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.

PamT

4 comments:

Terry Korth Fischer said...

Thank you, Pamela. While we deal with rain, and heat, and hurricanes, and... it's so nice to find a kind heart.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I hear you Oh SO LOUDLY!!

I appreciate your kindness and understanding also.

Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Alina K. Field said...

I didn't see your venting post, Pam, but I've been wondering how you're doing with Ida in the neighborhood! I've been out of pocket for a few weeks myself with a very sick husband. Hope to do better with keeping up with my friends' posts!
Congratulations on the book, Terry! I like older heroes!

Mary Preston said...

The book sounds fantastic.

Did not see any venting either.