Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

#WednesdayWordswithFriends welcomes Erin Stevenson @ESQwrites & Home to You

Good Morning from FROZEN....

Yep, that's what it is here in SW Louisiana. We've had snow since Sunday night and it's not going away too soon with these freezing temps. I am SO DONE with Winter. Like you haven't heard that before LOL!

Today is is my pleasure to welcome Erin Stevenson back to our blog as she talks about her book, Home to You, another of her St. Clair family series. Take it away, Erin....

When it came time to think about design elements for the second book in the St. Clair Family series, Home to You, I got feedback from beta readers saying that they really wanted to see an actual home on the front cover. 

So the search began. 

**SPOILER ALERT**

At the end of the book, the characters moved into a log home (one of my lifelong dreams) so I started looking online for a good photo. I finally landed on the perfect one but couldn’t find it in any of the stock photo libraries, so I began to trace it to its source, and found it on a website for Town + Country Cedar Homes, a custom log and cedar home company in Michigan. It was their Stoney Creek model. 

I decided to simply ask them if I could use the image on the book cover. The worst that could happen is that they would say no, or ignore the request. So I clicked on the “contact us” button, and began my e-mail: This is probably the craziest request you will ever receive…

The next morning, I had both an e-mail and a phone call from their VP of Marketing. They were thrilled and honored. So was I! I offered to give them credit for the photo and include their web address. And they posted this on their website when the links were up. Everybody wins! Feel free to visit and like their page. 

I’m still dreaming of a log home. I told them that if the book gets made into a movie, I’ll buy a piece of land and have them build this home on it! 

Brandon St. Clair is one of Minneapolis' top orthopedic surgeons. Still crushed by his wife's sudden death almost a year ago, he's struggling to care for their two young daughters and find the will to keep going. Their one wish is something Brandon can't fulfill, and it breaks his heart. Morgan Anderson is a highly respected art therapist in Chicago. Her work gives her great fulfillment, but her personal life is lonely and lacking. A deep personal secret has kept Morgan from succeeding in any long-term relationship, and she's ready to give up. Brandon's brother is married to Morgan's sister, and they meet at a family event. Their initial dislike of one another plus the fact that they live in different states almost guarantees that they'll never connect. But sometimes God—with a little help from a pink-haired matchmaker named Rosie—can make what seems impossible, possible.

About Erin.....

Erin has been writing fiction since 2014. She has published independently and with Pelican Book Group and Winged Publications and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers.

Writing is like breathing to Erin. Stories are running through her mind during most of her waking hours, and by the time she sits down at the computer, the words flow and time ceases to exist. 

Erin was raised in Illinois and has lived in many places in the U.S., including on both coasts, but is a Midwest girl at heart. She spent many years as an educator from pre-school through college levels, and currently works in training and internal communications for a global corporation.

When she’s not writing, Erin loves spending time with her children and grandchildren, and playing in the garden (which equates to mostly pulling weeds) at her central Iowa home. Her secret indulgence is plain M&Ms.

Find out more about Erin and her books by visiting her Website.

Connect with Erin on Social Media! Facebook: ESQwrites
Twitter: @ESQwrites and Instagram: ESQwrites

Check out Erin's previous posts HERE and HERE.

Oh my goodness, Erin, MY dream home is a log home also! Love that the manufacturer allowed you to use the picture on your cover! Amazing how generous people can be. 

Good luck and God's blessings with your books.

Hope you enjoyed today's post, friends and that you'll check back weekly for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care, God bless and stay warm.
PamT

**UPDATE** Erin is in Houston, TX and may not be able to drop by due to power outages but said she'll get here ASAHP.

13 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I'll have a log cabin if I can have it along the coast. Otherwise...

Carol James said...

Great interview, Erin. You are so clever. I would have never thought to ask about using their photo.

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Sounds like a wonderful story. Good luck with the book!

kaybee said...

Erin, this looks good and I love the house, especially the way it is lit and reflects on the water. What a great cover.
Kathy Bailey

Gail Pallotta said...

What fun to have a pink-haired match maker. This sounds like a good book, and I love your story about the house on the cover.

D. V. Stone said...

I love log cabins and yours is gorgeous. Best of luck with your books. d.v.

Kara O'Neal said...

Your book sounds great! I love matchmakers!

Barbara Britton said...

I love that log home, too, Erin. Your book sounds intriguing. All the best to you.

Barbara Bettis said...

Beautiful house, Erin. Yay you for contacting them--and with such great results. My husband loved logs homes too, and we seriously considered one (before he passed.) Hope you someday get your wish!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Sounds like a fine novel! Lovely cover art.

Karen Malley said...

Erin,
What a lovely cover! Great job being resourceful. The story sounds intriguing!

Alicia Dean said...

That house is breathtaking!! It's so awesome you were able to use it on your cover. Sounds like a great read...congrats and best wishes!

Alina K. Field said...

That is one of the best cover stories I've ever heard! A win-win for everyone!