Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, August 31, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts on Harvey

As I sit here wondering what to write about, my thoughts are a jumbled mess. Last week I talked about Higher Love and mentioned a "storm" in the Gulf.

Well that 'storm' turned out to be a real bitch of a storm. A monster who has stolen life and property from millions...yes, MILLIONS!

In case you don't know, I LOVE the water....lakes, beaches, creeks, bayous, waterfalls.
While on my West Coast Vacation, I saw rivers so furious it would take a truly foolish person to try and navigate them.


(Kings River - Kings Canyon National Park)

Of course there were some who tried and they cause not only injury to themselves but put others in danger.

I saw placid lakes and pure beauty in waterfalls.









Narada Falls Mt. Rainier Ntl. Park

                                                                     Crater Lake, Crater Lake National Park

But we have to remember to respect what we love and not turn our back on the power of water. The power of nature.

A friend of mine lived in Rockport, TX. She has nothing to go back to.

Other friends and family have lost everything but their lives. I'm eternally grateful.

We hear so many horror stories and yet see so much beauty in neighbors helping neighbors regardless of race, color or creed.

But, what can we do?

We must be wise as serpents yet gentle as doves. We must pray and research the "relief" organizations. Be smart about going to help out and protect ourselves from illness and injury.

Do what you can with what you've got and expect God's blessings on your efforts.

Something to think about...
"Inspirational with an Edge!" 

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll drop by each week for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT


No comments: