Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday Thoughts on Peace

Good Morning Friends!

Last Thursday I shared with you some thoughts on Love. Today I'd like to share with you some thoughts on Peace.

The Bible talks extensively about peace. Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you."

St. Francis of Assisi prayed that he would be an "instrument of Thy (God's) peace."

When I researched the word "peace" on Biblegateway I found 17 pages and 420 scriptural references to peace, therefore I must consider that PEACE is imperative!

These things make me wonder if peace is directly related to spiritual power

I believe it does.

I mean, think about it. In the narratives about Jesus being tempted in the desert, or any other situation for that matter, we don't see HIM getting all bent out of shape, do we?

No, HE calmly speaks the Word and things happen!

I know this much, I am much more comfortable when in a peaceful state of mind. I get a lot more accomplished, find my joy is more complete, and am happier all around.

How do we maintain an attitude of peace in such a volatile world?

By centering our thoughts and heart on peace every chance we can and by offering peace to others. Another idea may be to send thoughts of peace and love into every situation and before answering every phone call.

I've often told my children, breathe in peace, breath out stress.

Try it and you'll be amazed at how much smoother your life will flow.

Something to think about!

Have a Peaceful Day!
PamT


No comments: