Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Jennifer Childers

Today's spotlight is author Jennifer Childers aka: Candace Black (or maybe that's Candace aka Jennifer) LOL!

Either way, let's welcome her to Saturday Spotlight!

Author Bio:

I'm the girl next door. 25 years as a CNA has given me exposure to a variety of people.
I've worked as a volunteer guardian ad litem, appearing in court to speak out for the best interests of abused and neglected children. The nurturing program was a child abuse prevention class teaching children and parents how to interract with one another in a more loving way. President Bush SR. wrote me a letter thanking me for service. I wish I could have done more. My stories will have a happy ending because life throws enough hard punches to warrant escape. I love history. I believe if we learn enough from the past we can write our own happy ending to our own piece of the story. A better history.

I filled the syringe with morphine. My hands shook. Could innocent blood ever be washed away? Would my hands ever be clean again if I continued on this course? The gas would make them choke, gasping for breath as their life was strangled to nothingness. Morphine would make them euphoric, and an overdose would put them to sleep, peacefully, with no pain. I filled the second syringe, I thought of each child as I punctured the rubber stopper, the needle sucking up the lethal fluid filling the tube. Little Wilhelm. My treasured leader of the pack. The braces on his legs never stopped his imagination from soaring. Lara. An artists soul expressed with the one good arm she had. Art was reflective of the beauty living in her heart. The twins. Isnt intelligence measured with creativitiy? I would sorely miss their energy. My hand slipped, the needle grazed the knuckle of my thumb. I swore and bit my lip. Perfect. I'll kill myself before I get the chance to euthanize my children. Then after I enter Heaven's gate, if He lets me through them, I can tell God I'm and idiot and a murderer. I rubbed my shoulders they hunched with an invisible wieght making my back ache.

Kindertransport is available now in ebook and print from The Wild Rose Press!

Hope you enjoyed today's spotlight - check back for another edition next week!

Until later....Be Blessed!
PamT

No comments: