Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, October 1, 2022

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Patti Archer & Bloodline!

Good Morning!

It is always my pleasure to bring to you a brand new author and today's guest is just that! Patti C Archer is a member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles and she's here with her brand new release, Bloodline, book 1 in her Louisiana Secrets series. Please give her a huge W-E-L-C-O-M-E!

Secrets on the river...

FBI Special Agent Dakota Nash was sexy. Gorgeous. Native American. And a brilliant profiler who was undercover in Lake Charles, Louisiana – watching Gabrielle Sawyer.
 
Gabrielle was beautiful. Stunning amber eyes. Long dark hair. Long and lean. But she was alone. Afraid. With scars. Secluded on the Calcasieu River on purpose. But she was skilled – with knives. And she was better than good.

Dakota was ready for the danger coming for her. Deadly secrets on the river. Killers. All because of who she was. But Gabrielle was adopted at three, her ancestors a mystery, so she didn’t know who she was - or that she held the only key to a 200-year-old secret.

In hours, Dakota and Gabrielle would meet face-to-face. For the second time. He had saved her once before. This time, on the run from killers – steamy attraction, intimacy, passion, love, and romance would LIGHT THEM UP despite the danger that hunted her.

Gabrielle learned that some things were worth fighting for. Love for one. Legacy the other. And Dakota stood guard. Warrior on deck. He would save her. She was his.

Excerpt:

Gabrielle noticed the men and women seemed to pair off instead of staying in a group. Sean and Samantha headed toward the dock. Zoe and Trace headed to the front porch. And Adam and Jade stayed on the patio.

Dakota touched her arm and said, “Walk with me?”

She smiled, and said, “Sure,” and they walked toward the barn.

Once inside, they leaned against the fence that faced the corral where the horses grazed.

He gently bumped shoulders with her, and said, “I like you being here.”

She glanced at him with a teasing smile, and said, “Yes. Dinner was wonderful.”

He said bluntly, “I’m not talking about dinner.” He turned her to face him, and said, “I’m talking about us. And don’t tell me you don’t feel this. I won’t believe you.”

She felt it. Silent, she let the look in her eyes answer.

He leaned closer and kissed her neck. He let her feel his warm, soft lips. Then he breathed her in, and whispered, “I’m going to kiss you.”

Feeling herself get swept up in the whirlwind of wanting this, she warned him, “I…I never do this. I haven’t kissed anyone in a long, long time.”

Sliding his hands up her back, he said, “But I’m not just anyone.”

“But...”

“Kiss me, Gabrielle.”

She looked at his mouth, and her lips parted. He kissed her. And she couldn’t believe the feel and taste of him as their mouths met.


Patti was born and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana, surrounded by lakes, rivers, and bayous. She loves the Cajun culture and cuisine and is always ready for a road trip to the Gulf of Mexico or other scenic areas. Family, faith, reading, writing, and research fill most of her days. She loves the holidays, movies, and dreams of living in the mountains.
She published her first novel in June 2022. Her next novel is pending publication in January 2023 – Book Two of the Louisiana Secrets Series.


Thank you SO much, Patti for sharing your new release with us! We wish you the best of luck and God's blessings in all things.

If you love hot, steamy romantic suspense, friends be sure and check out Patti's books.

Until next time take care and God bless.

PamT

13 comments:

D. V. Stone said...

Congratulations on your book. It sounds like a great read. D.

Patti Corbello Archer said...

Thank you, D.! I appreciate that! Patti

Janie DeVos said...

Sounds like a curl-up-and-let-go-of-life-for-awhile read. Congrats!

Patti Corbello Archer said...

I love that thought. Like holding a movie in your hands! Thank you, Janie!

LoRee Peery said...

This sounds like my kind of story...romantic suspense is my #1 genre to read. Adding it to my list.

Patti Corbello Archer said...

Thank you! High five, LoRee! I agree and appreciate you adding it to your list :)

Patti Corbello Archer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti Corbello Archer said...

Sorry I did it twice😏

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Congrats on the publication of your novel! Looks like a fine read. Best wishes.

Patti Corbello Archer said...

Thank you very much!! I appreciate your comment, Jacqueline 😊

Patti Corbello Archer said...

πŸ₯°πŸ˜

Gail Pallotta said...

What an interesting premise for a book. Congratulations! I enjoyed the excerpt too.

Patti Corbello Archer said...

Thank you, Gail! It was an intriguing tale to write. I'm happy to hear all your comments❤ Patti