Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

#WednesdayWordswithFriends Welcomes Lisa Becker!

Good Morning!

I pray your Memorial Day weekend was blessed and that you took a moment or two to honor the men and women who've died in service. I'm back from Sam Rayburn lake, staying at daughter's house to dog-sit while they're out of town. I believe my travelling is done for a while, so I'll be catching up with you a little each week. Meanwhile, please welcome Lisa Becker back to our blog..... Take it away Lisa!

Raise your hand if you had an unrequited high school crush. 

Back in the day, I crushed so hard on a boy, I willingly sat with him in the bathroom at parties while he puked up strawberry wine coolers, just so I could spend time with him. That humiliation was certainly in the back of my mind as I was developing Links. In this second chance sports romance, awkward Charlotte reconnects with her unrequited high school crush, the athletic heartthrob Garrett, fifteen years later.  

While this is a work of fiction, there is an autobiographical element woven throughout, as I was the nerdy girl in glasses who longed to be noticed.  

When I was in the process of developing the storyline for Links, I bumped into the son of family friends, who I had known since I was a little girl.  He made a big deal of commenting about how I no longer wore my “big glasses.”

It was so discouraging. Here I had grown into what I thought was an interesting and successful adult. I had a fascinating professional career in public relations. I was married with kids. I’d written several novels. I was an adjunct professor at a major university. I had traveled around the world. Yet all he could see in front of him was the gawky girl with glasses. 

It was then I realized he would never see me as anything but a pair of oversized frames. I wanted Charlotte to overcome those perceptions in this book. I hope readers connect with her and root for her well-deserved happily ever after.  

A former ugly duckling has a chance encounter with her unrequited high school crush, now a pro golfer. Will their past thwart a second chance at love? 

Charlotte Windham went through a typical ugly duckling phase in high school while harboring a crush on Garrett Stephens, the school's athletic heartthrob. Today she’s a bestselling novelist and no longer “Glasses,” the humiliating nickname Garrett gave her.

Garrett transformed from teen heartbreaker to adult lothario and is now a successful professional golfer suffering from a possible career-ending injury.

Fifteen years after high school, Charlotte and Garrett have a chance encounter at a Los Angeles restaurant, and he can’t remember who she is. But as both hearts flutter with unfulfilled desires, awkward teenage memories might not be the only thing standing in the way of forever. 

Can Charlotte forgive Garrett for his past ways, and more recent Don Juan lifestyle? Can Garrett change his ways for a second chance with Charlotte, who may just be perfect for him? 

If you love second chance romances, swoon worthy pro athletes, smart and witty female leads and happily ever afters, find it now on Amazon or read for free with Kindle Unlimited.

Links: A Second Chance Sports Romance
Rating: R (for sexual content and adult language)
Genre: Contemporary romance
Audiobook narrators: Stella Hunter and Connor Crais (coming summer/fall 2022)



About Lisa Becker
Lisa Becker is an award-winning romance writer who spends her time like she spends her money - on books and margaritas.  As Lisa’s grandmother used to say, “For every chair, there’s a tush.” Lisa is now happily married to a wonderful man she met online and lives in Manhattan Beach, California with him and their two daughters. So, if it happened for her, there’s hope for anyone! 

Connect with Lisa


I just love those 2nd chance romance stories! Don't you?

THANKS for sharing yours with us Lisa! Wishing you the best of luck and God's blessings.

That's all for today, Friends. See you June 4th for Saturday Spotlight and next week for another edition of Wednesday Words with Friends.

Until then, take care and be BLESSED.
PamT



6 comments:

D. V. STONE said...

Thanks for sharing. Your book sounds great. D.

Kara O'Neal said...

I love second chance romances!

Lisa Becker said...

Thanks for hosting me here today!

Alina K. Field said...

I love second chance romances too! This sounds like a great read.

Mary Preston said...

I like second chance romances too.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Congrats and best wishes on the success of your romance novel.