Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

#WednesdayWordswithFriends I'm Catching up with You today!

Good Morning Friends and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Occasionally I host a contest or do something special for my newsletter subscribers. Last month I offered a special gift to one who responded to my "Motivational Moment" so before I get on to the rest of my post, I'd like to congratulate LINDA HAWKINS! 

My newsletter goes out on the 3rd Thursday of the month (tomorrow). I've devised a Scavenger Hunt for subscribers only this month I sometimes recap here what I share in my newsletter (like today) except for those contests, so if you're not one, you still have time to sign up using THIS LINK or clicking on the image in my sidebar.

Now, on to my news....

On the Home Front: My Angel Girl turns eighteen this month and y'all, I still can't believe she's so grown up! I'm creating a very special gift for her birthday. I'd share it with you now, but don't want her to get wind of it, so I'll do so next month. She's definitely going to college at Stephen F Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX and she's already received a few scholarships. Please pray for us (especially her mom and dad) as we navigate her transition into adulthood. I am SO happy she'll be living with my son/her uncle. That's less for us to worry about.


My honey and I got in our first camping trip this month. Since it was our maiden voyage after repairs to the camper and with his new truck we stayed close to home but it was a lovely time away from everything. Next trip, I'll get a few pics to share with you. A very dear friend lost her mom, another lost her husband so that's been tough. Please pray for them and their families (I'm not mentioning names for privacy sake but God knows who they are) TIA!

Other than this, not much else going on. I lead a pretty simple (some might say boring) life. 😊

As for my writing....For those of you who live in SWLA, I've been contributing to Lagniappe pretty regularly these last few months so pick up a copy when you get a chance. I'd love to know what you think of my articles. Between the camping trip and funerals, writing and editing have slowed somewhat but I've resumed both this week and hope to have a release date and pre-order info on Kyleigh's story by next month.

For my Writing Friends, check out Mark Dawson's Self Publishing Formula and listen to his podcasts on YouTube. There's tons of information to help you with your career! 

LR Trovillion is my NL's featured guest this month and she graciously hosted me  on her blog today. I hope you'll drop by and see what I write, why and my favorite character and animal memory. She was in the Spotlight back in Jan. Check out her post!

Hope you enjoyed today's post and if you are already on my NL list, I hope you'll share the link with your family and friends and encourage them to sign up too!

Until next time, take care, God Bless and I'll leave you with this Motivational Moment....

Led by the Spirit or controlled by the Clock?

One of my standard prayers is for a closer walk with Jesus and that's never more uppermost in my mind than during Lent. The other day while seeking HIM, the Lord asked me this question and since, I've tried to be more led than controlled. HE knows the things I'm committed to do and if I allow HIS leading not only do I get everything done, I accomplish so much more and feel wonderful as a result. 

Something to think about...

PamT

PS: A couple of years ago I wrote an article for my column in TWJ Magazine titled Lent Free. I know we're in the middle of that season right now but you may still be inspired by the information. Check it out HERE.

5 comments:

D. V. Stone said...

Hey Camping Friend! Glad you got a trip in. I know it's been a bit chilly. Happy Birthday to your daughter 🧁️.
Thanks for the quote.
D.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I appreciate you.
PamT

Mary Preston said...

Your life sounds happily busy.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

So nice to read your cheerful post! Best to you and your family.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Mary & Jacqueline!
I appreciate your support.
PamT