Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

#WednesdayWordswithFriends ~ A note from Yours Truly....

Good Morning Friends!

If you read my introduction to the Saturday Spotlight post on July 10th OR received my newsletter, you know that my beloved Silver Spur Guest Ranch is closed until a new owner is found. I went to Bandera and the Spur on July 9th for a "Farewell Silver Spur" party on the 10th. Bittersweet visit but good in that I was able to visit with friends I hadn't seen in years. Here is a pic of most of the people I worked with on the Spur. A few couldn't make it but we felt their spirits all around us.


I'm not sure what's going to happen to the Spur once a new owner is in charge. I can only hope and pray it once more becomes a place of healing and hope as it was for me when I worked there between 2010 and 2014. 

Friday I leave for Sterlington, LA for the Dixie Majors World Series baseball tournament and next month I'm going to Alaska but never fear, Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight will go on!

I have some good news to share with you....

I've contracted a narrator and Tempered Truth & Lori's Redemption will both be available in audio later this year. I'll keep you informed on that as production begins and moves along.

I know you're seeing a lot of "Christmas in July" specials, movies, sales, etc. I understand the marketing concept behind these things but sometimes I feel like the heroine in Keri's Christmas Wish.... Bah Humbug! Heck, as it is, Christmas decorations are up alongside Halloween costumes! Just can't get away from the hype and personally, I feel the more hype, the less we focus on the real reason for the season.

Speaking of Jesus, have you seen The Chosen?


Oh my goodness, what a wonderful portrayal of Jesus! I'm loving this series so much I've watched seasons 1 & 2 twice AND bought the novel based on season one! Click on the pic to find out more about this wonderful series portraying the life of Jesus and His disciples.

Well friends, not much else to share with you today. I THANK YOU for dropping by and wish you the best of luck and God's blessings in your life.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT







8 comments:

Barbara Bettis said...

The ending of an important era of our life is certainly bittersweet! But the wonderful memories live on. Have a wonderful time in your travels (from Florida to Alaska! hmmm.You certainly can't pack just once for those trips :) Be safe.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi Pam,

I hope the ranch re-opens under new ownership for your sake. It sounds like a great place. Audio books are great. Best wishes always.

Kelly Goshorn said...

Change is always hard. Praying for a wonderful outcome! And yes the Chosen is amazing! Looking to buy the DVDs.

Barbara Britton said...

Praying for you, Pam. You've had a lot of change to cope with. You are one strong Christian lady.

D. V. STONE said...

Hi, Pam and safe traveling. It's hard saying Good bye but you never k ow what blessings change can give you. D.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

THANKS Everyone!

I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.

Good luck and God's blessings to each of you!
PamT

Alina K. Field said...

Season one of The Chosen was amazing! I didn't know Season 2 was available.

And regarding Christmas in July: last year one of my Aussie friends explained that the concept came about because people in the southern hemisphere have reversed seasons and sometimes like to celebrate the holiday during cool weather. Not sure if that's true or not!

Mary Preston said...

I have not seen THE CHOSEN. It sounds like I must.