Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

#WednesdayWordswithFriends Hope or Hurt?

Good Morning Friends,

It's no secret 2020 was a rough year on everyone. Covid-19 presented challenges we never expected. Add to that, 2 hurricanes six weeks apart from which many people still haven't recovered. Then along comes 2021 with an Ice Storm/Freeze in Feb. and historic flooding in May.

To say Lake Charles is "the most weather-battered city" (as The Weather Channel put it) is an understatement.

These events have left many people struggling to keep their heads up and look at life in a positive light in lieu of negative, pessimistic.

Which brings me to the title of this post.

While talking with someone who was hit hard and is still grieving the losses borne of the hurricanes, as well as the death of loved one's over the last 10 months, God spoke through me and said....

"Grieve the loss but at some point, you've got to let go and nourish the hope instead of the hurt."

Deut. 30:19 says, "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." AND Prov. 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit."

Both of these Scriptures support the advice I gave to my friend, therefore I knew it was God who spoke through me that day!

So no matter what you may be going through, look up! Put your eyes on Him and His word in your mouth regarding His promise(s) to you and nourish hope instead of hurt.

Thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again for Saturday Spotlight and Wednesday Words with Friends.

Until next time, take care and God bless.

PamT

5 comments:

Kara O'Neal said...

Beautiful! I will try to remember this.

Alina K. Field said...

Such wise advice! Thanks for sharing, Pam.

Unknown said...

Such great advice, Pam! Otherwise our heart and soul grow weary and bitter.

Carol James said...

Love this, Pam. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Preston said...

Thank you for the wonderful post.