Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, November 28, 2020

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Katy Eeten & First Class Christmas!

Good Morning!

I pray your Thanksgiving was Blessed and Happy and if you did any Black Friday shopping your deals were awesome! I am not a shopper on the best of days much less the busiest therefore, I normally don't venture out on the day after Thanksgiving. However, my granddaughter is with me this weekend and just "had" to get her boyfriend's gifts while they were on sale. Then, my daughter texted that a special gift for my grandson was on sale also at the same place and off we went...To. One. Store. LOL! 

Anyway, as promised on Wednesday, today we are featuring a new to me author with her Christmas title so please give Katy a huge, SWLA  W-E-L-C-O-M-E!

Take it away Katy.....

When Mandy Brockman flies home from her friend's destination wedding, her heart is on empty at the thought of spending Christmas alone. It doesn't help that her ex is on the plane, seemingly unaffected by their breakup. But the kind-hearted man seated next to her seems to have it all together—and he's handsome to boot. She knows her emotional healing won't come in the form of another guy, but will the source of this man's peace and joy help Mandy find the Christmas she's looking for?

CJ Hawkins is captivated by the beautiful, feisty woman he meets on his flight. The only thing is, she's fresh out of a relationship, and he has no interest in being anyone's rebound. But the more he learns about Mandy, the more he's drawn to her unique mixture of compassion and spunk.

Can he figure out how to make their relationship take off before this First Class Christmas is grounded forever?

Excerpt:
With luggage in tow, they made their way toward the exit. “Do you have a ride home?” CJ asked.

Mandy nodded as they exited the building. “My friend’s picking me up. I texted her when we landed, so she should be here any second.” She scanned the area for her friend’s car. “What about you? Someone picking you up? A limo driver perhaps, Sir Olympian?”

CJ chuckled and shoved his hands in his jacket pockets. “No, ma’am. I always take the bus to and from the airport. It stops a few blocks from my house, so it just makes sense.”

The bus. Good. At least he wasn’t a snob, even if he did fly first class. Mandy mentally scolded herself for being so judgmental.

A black sedan pulled up to the curb, and she waved at her friend in recognition. “That’s Amber.” She turned to CJ. Now what? Was this good-bye? Despite her recent epiphany that she should get some distance from the male species, she couldn’t help but be sad at the thought of never seeing CJ again.

He was staring at her and rubbing his chin with his thumb and forefinger. “What’s up?” Mandy narrowed her eyes. “Everything OK?”

He nodded, crinkles forming around his eyes as he smiled. “I’m fine. You?”

She gave him a slow nod. “Fine, but it seems as if you have something on your mind. Care to share before I’m whisked away for good in my friend’s car?” Speaking of her friend, she glanced Amber’s way and held up a finger to let her know she’d be ready in a minute.

CJ finally stopped rubbing his chin and wiped his hands on his pants. “Honestly, I’m just trying to figure out a smooth way to ask for your number.” He sucked in a deep breath and laughed as he let it out. “And there it is, I guess. Not exactly smooth, but at least it’s out there.”

Mandy’s eyes widened. Was he serious? She was definitely interested in seeing the guy again, but she hadn’t realized the feeling was mutual. Hearing his confession caused electricity to surge through her body. Keep cool, Mandy. She flashed him a small smile. “Hmm, I think I could make that happen.”

Katy Eeten is married to a Pastor and is the mom of two boys, ages 12 and 9. She lives with her family in southeast Wisconsin, despite her dislike for cold weather. She works full time in corporate America, but her true passion is writing.

In addition to First Class Christmas, she has three other Christian Romances available on Amazon. When she’s not working or writing, she can be found taking walks or bike rides with her kids, baking goodies, playing the piano, or spending time with her family.

Find and follow Katy on the following Social Media sites....

Get your copy of First Class Christmas at Amazon and B&N and check out Katy's other titles on her Amazon Author Page.

LOVE the excerpt Katy! We wish you the best of luck and God's blessings with your new release!

Hope you enjoyed the spotlight, Friends and that you'll check back each week for another as well as Wednesday Words with Friends, especially now with all Christmas till Christmas!

Until next time take care, God bless and remember.....It is right to give HIM thanks and praise.
PamT

11 comments:

D. V. STONE said...

Thank you for sharing. Your over is beautiful. 🦉

Karen Malley said...

Congratulations on your new release, Katy! It sounds like a fun read. I wonder how often people meet and fall in love on planes? It's an interesting concept!

Kara O'Neal said...

This sounds like a sweet, sweet story! I've added it to my list.

Barbara Britton said...

Congratulations on your upcoming release, Katy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun book. Congratulations!
M. E. Bakos

Alicia Dean said...

Wonderful excerpt and I love the cover. Sounds like a great Christmas read. Congrats and best wishes!!

Katy said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I tried responding to each comment, but I must be doing something wrong :) Thanks for having me, Pamela. Merry Christmas everyone!

Alina K. Field said...

That's a lovely excerpt, and the cover is great! Happy to meet a new author!

Carol James said...

I had the privilege to read this before its release. SOOOO good. Perfect for the Christmas season. Congratulations, Katy.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

A perfect book for the holidays. Best Wishes!

Mary Preston said...

A sweet cover and sounds like a lovely Christmas read.