Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, June 6, 2020

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Delsora Lowe & The Rancher Needs a Wife

Good Morning!

It is always my pleasure to introduce to you a new-to-me author and today is no exception. Delsora Lowe welcomed me to her blog last month with Tempered Fire Audio book so it is with much gratitude and appreciation I return the favor and shine the spotlight on her and her latest release, The Rancher Needs a Wife. Take it away Delsora!

Wanted: A Suitable Wife

Workaholic cowboy needs hardy woman to manage household and motley family. 

“Girly” widows, with small children, who sell naughty lingerie need not apply.

Overprotective big brother and ranch owner, Carter Peters, draws the short straw at a contrived family meeting, to buy his stepmom’s sixtieth birthday present. He never imagines while on the present-buying quest he’ll get zapped with cupid’s arrow by a feisty southern belle, single mom, and lingerie shop owner who is so wrong for him and has off-limits written all over her. He has no time for romance—he has a ranch to run and a father who, despite being “retired,” can’t help micro-manage. Dad insists Carter’s new-fangled ways won’t work.

Lynette Mercer wants nothing to do with the tall, sexy, and slightly bashful cowboy who walks through her door. Okay, maybe just a little. They could be friends. After all, she’s vowed not to date until her four-year old reaches the ripe age of thirty-six.  She’s recovering from the death of her husband in a marriage that had turned bad and starting a new business.

With new friends and Carter’s family determined to marry them off, neither stand a chance against cupid or a town full of caring folks.

Excerpt: She placed the mug in the dish rack and turned to come face to face with Carter, his coffee cup in one hand and the plate of cookies in the other.

“I better head out. Early morning...” But he didn’t move. His breath tickled the fine hair wisping against her forehead.

A nod was all she was capable of as she stood only inches from his chest.

The seconds stretched before he reached over her shoulder to put down the plate of cookies. The light brush of his hand against her arm sent a flutter straight to her belly.

Oh, lordy.

When he started to reach around her again, to deposit the mug on the counter, she swore the air thinned around them. Lightheaded and dizzy, she reeled from a faint aroma of pine mixed with the heady scent of leather and man. The mug thunked against the counter behind her and she waited for Carter to back up.

He didn’t.

The heat of his body, the caress of his breath...

When she looked up, he was staring at her. At her mouth. The tick, tick, tick of the muscle along his jawline the only movement on his face. His lips set straight like he fought the urge to kiss her.

Oh lordy, yes. No. What am I thinking?

Before she could figure out a way to wiggle away from the counter without rubbing up against him—all of him—he swooped in like a sharp-shinned hawk on its prey.

~ cottages to cabins ~ keep the home fires burning ~

Delsora Lowe writes small town sweet romances and contemporary westerns from the mountains of Colorado to the shores of Maine.

Author of the Starlight Grille series, Serenity Harbor Maine novellas, and the Cowboys of Mineral Springs series, Lowe has also authored short romances for Woman’s World magazine.

Connect with Delsora at the following locations....

Author website: www.delsoralowe.com 

Author FaceBook page: fb.me/delsoraloweauthor 

Get your copy of The Rancher Needs a Wife at Amazon and Other Online Retailers.

WOW, Delsora you've got me hooked with that blurb and excerpt LOL! We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings with your new release and other books.

Hope you enjoyed the post friends and that you'll check back weekly for Wednesday Words with Friends and another Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

17 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I know I shouldn't judge by the cover, but I love this.

Deb N said...

Mary - thanks so much. I have a wonderful cover artist - Covers by Karen. But I always have great input. I had a blast searching for the right hero photo to match my vision of who Carter is. The background is a photo taken by my daughter while on a hike in Colorado, where she lives. So a lot of love went into making the cover. And of course, in writing Carter and Lynette's story :-) I really appreciate you stopping by to say hello.

~ Delsora

Luanna Stewart said...

Ooh, I loved this book! Carter is a scrumptious hero.

D. V. STONE said...

Your book sounds wonderful! D. V.🦉

Jacqueline Seewald said...

This sounds like a truly enjoyable novel, just the kind we readers need in these difficult times. Wishing you much success!

Deb N said...

Thanks Luanna - I really appreciate your comments. I have to say, I loved writing this book.

Thanks so much D.V. - I so appreciate you stopping by!

Jacqueline - I think a ton of us are finding solace in romances. I know I am. Lately, I've read several books a week - since there are many nights I don't sleep well, these day.

Barbara Britton said...

What an excerpt! I'm fond of ranchers. Thanks for sharing, Delsora.

Deb N said...

Barbara - so glad you liked the excerpt. I am intrigued with ranching life. My daughter used to live in the mountains of CO, near several organic, grass-fed beef ranches. I loved researching the ranches and their processes for raising beef cattle. One of the ranchers used to drive the cattle down main street, right in front of my daughter's store. I have one of my daughter's photos of one drive on my blog (delsoralowe.com), and of course, a scene in the book about one such drive :-) So happy you stopped by today.

Kara O'Neal said...

What a cover! And I loooooved the excerpt! Congrats to you and your book!

Deb N said...

Kara - thanks so much! WOW!

Just catching up here after wild thunder / hail storm moved through. I appreciate you stopping in to say hello!

veralisa said...

Cover and romance are both wonderful and just how I see Carter!! ♥ I always look forward to reading your stories!!!

Diana McCollum said...

Loved the excerpt!!! Great cover and great premise! I am all in on a hunky cowboy!

Deb N said...

Vera, thanks so much for your kind words. I hope to soon begin editing the third book in the series, Rescuing the Sheriff. I already have the cover model picked out for the cover. But still deciding on which pose. Love this part of the job :-) Thanks for hanging out with us on Pam's blog today!

Deb N said...

Diana - I totally agree with you on hunky cowboy books. I have two "hunky cowboy" books on Kindle waiting for me to read. Can't wait! Glad you enjoyed the excerpt. For two people who are total opposites, Lynette and Carter do have chemistry right from the start. So glad you could stop by tonight!

Alina K. Field said...

Love, love, love this first kiss!

Deb N said...

Alina - thanks so much! It was a fun scene to write, since they are both so apprehensive about falling in love with anyone, much less someone that doesn't fit the image of who they each need. I so appreciate your kind words.

Deb N said...

Pamela - thanks so much for hosting me this week. I'll keep checking, in case more comments come in. I so appreciate everyone who stopped by to say hello.