Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 20, 2019

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Erin Lorence and Dove Strong!

Good Morning!

It always my pleasure to bring to your attention a new author, especially a fellow Pelican Book Group author so please welcome Erin Lorence with her book, Dove Strong (#1 in the Dove Strong trilogy) to our spotlight!

Erin Lorence lives in Bonney Lake, Washington with her husband, Brian, and their two daughters, Brooke and Savannah. Her lifelong love of reading, her gratitude to God, and her enjoyment of hiking in Central Oregon all inspired her to write the Dove Strong Trilogy.

Find out more by visiting Erin's Website and Blog or connecting with her on Facebook.


Dove Strong loves God. She loves standing chin up, fists clenched when facing Satan’s attacks. But there’s one thing she doesn’t love—other people. So when this spiritually-gifted, antisocial teenager is chosen to join other believers in a trek across Satan’s territory, rattlesnakes and evil-intentioned Heathen aren’t her biggest challenges. But failure isn’t an option. In a month, the Christian Councils will decide the Reclaim, a vote on whether there’ll be a war between Christ’s and Satan’s followers to take back America. It is up to Dove, God’s messenger for peace, to reach her Council in time. Because if she doesn’t, things could get bloody.

Excerpt:

My eyes lit on a few things I recognized. Things I knew from the junk piles back home—a chair with small wheels. Bunches of cardboard boxes on a table, one bright yellow with a picture of food on it. Things with snaky wires. Pictures. But so many I couldn’t name. What were their purposes?

I rubbed at the rush of goose bumps beneath my sleeves. December air. I glanced at Melody for her reaction to this unnatural, cluttered home.

Her dark orbs lost focus, her skin bloodless under its sunburn. Before I could move, she hit the fuzzy ground in what sounded like a painful flop.

“Oh no.” Jezebel rounded on her brother with a smack to his middle. “You killed her.”

Smack. Smack. Her hands rained against his skin. He dodged the next set and knelt next to Melody’s body.

I got in his way. “Don’t touch her.”

His outstretched hands whipped back. “What...I didn’t...”

“Get water.”

“Right.” He leaped to his feet. Then swung around. “To drink? Or dump on her?”

His sister flew to a nearby wall the color of tree sap and threw open a door. “In the shower! Put her in the shower!”

She disappeared into the space beyond, and a blast of light sprang from its rectangular opening. “I’ve seen this before on TV. Trust me. This is what you do.”

The sound of rain pounded down from inside the house. Indoor rain showers? Suspicious. But what was I supposed to do with this Brae girl if she died on me?

I dragged her dead weight forward...and almost dropped her.

What was this place?

A humongous, solid basin dominated the floor. Water drops poured into it from high up in the wall. Vapor clouds rose from the basin.

I shuddered. Everything in this room radiated the whiteness of new baby teeth. Creepy.
“Here.” Wolfe held out a clear jar of water.

I couldn’t hold Melody while pouring water into her mouth, so I lowered her to the floor. Her head lolled against the white wall.

Most of the liquid ran down her chin and neck, but a little must’ve made it into her mouth. She choked. Then coughed. Swallowed. And cracked open her eyes.

I shoved the empty jar at Wolfe.

“Rain?” Melody tried to focus on me.

“See? She wants to go in the shower.”

I shook my head at Jezebel.

“It’s raining.” Melody fingered the wet fur of her collar.

“No way.” I stayed firm. “You don’t want the indoor shower.”

I watched her mouth tug up at the corners.

“Yes. Please? No danger.”

~~
Wow, what an excellent excerpt! Thanks for sharing Erin. If you enjoyed the spotlight friends, get your copy of Dove Strong at Amazon (Kindle) and watch for book 2, Fanatic Surviving to be featured in our spotlight next month!

Until I see you again, take care and God Bless.
PamT

9 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

What an intense excerpt! I'm afraid to read about this world. Best wishes on its release.

Carol James said...

Exciting excerpt, Erin! Goosebumps.

Erin Lorence said...

Thanks, Patricia!

Erin Lorence said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Erin Lorence said...

Thanks for having me on your blog today, Pam! I sure appreciate it.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Erin,

Best wishes for the success of your book!

Erin Lorence said...

Thanks so much, Jacqueline! I appreciate it.

Diane Burton said...

What a concept! Very intense excerpt. Best wishes, Erin.

Alicia Dean said...

Intriguing premise and excerpt. Love the cover! Congratulations and best wishes!