Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, October 13, 2016

#ThursdayThoughts with Juanita Aydlette

Good Morning Friends!

Today's guest, Juanita Aydlette is new to me and therefore, new to our blog and is brought to us by Class Act Books.

Juanita Aydlette was born in Shreveport, Louisiana.  She presently resides in Garland, Texas with her husband and little dog. After many years of procrastinating, she decided to fulfill her life-long dream to become a published author.

It was after reading a series of novels that brought back memories of her childhood obsession with fairies, leprechauns, genies and unicorns, that she stepped out on faith and began her journey.

A year later, she has completed her present novel “IT’S IN THE BLOOD”, a love story full of mystery, intrigue and magic. The upcoming sequel “BLOOD TIES” continues the saga that plagues the lives of the Caiubi family. BLOOD TIES is targeted for release in 2017.

Find out more about Juanita at:


Twitter: @Juanita Aydlette

Nice to meet you, Juanita! Now let's see what thoughts Juanita has to share with us...

First of all, I'd like to say, thank you for having me.

Today, I would like to talk about how I go completely blank when I'm asked to talk about anything I want. I'm very good at answering specific questions, so a Q&A session works best for me. I think it's because, when I'm given the opportunity to talk about anything I want, it'll most likely be about my pets or dogs in general. I never had any kids and my dogs are great substitutes.

I have two small dogs—which is a bit unusual for me. I've always had big dogs in the past, but little dogs are so entertaining. Now, I have two females, a yorkie mix and a shih tzu. They are both rescues; one eight months ago and the other, one month ago. They love each other and they play around the clock.

I work for a vet, which has been my most fulfilling job. I get to play with a lot of different furry critters with different personalities. This keeps me from wanting to bring home every stray that happens to wind up at the clinic. I've had to witness some very sad moments also, when it comes to an owner having to make the ultimate decision when a pet is sick and suffering. I grieve for them, as if they were my own pets.

Being a pet owner has about as many challenges as being a parent, because you have this living, breathing life depending on you for its every need. Pets are very loyal family members, loving you unconditionally. They don't care how young or old you are, or the color of your skin.

I truly admire all the families who've taken on the challenge of fostering pets until they can find a fur-ever home.

How sweet! I'm sure many of our visitors can relate. I'm a pet lover too and have a German Shepherd :-) 

Juanita's book, It's in the Blood, a fantasy suspense novel can be purchased directly from Class Act Books, on Amazon and at Smashwords.

Hope you enjoyed today's post and I hope to see you again soon for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time...take care and God Bless!
PamT

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's in the Blood is a different shifter novel and I look forward to the sequel.

Toni V.S. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed It's in the Blood. Congrats, Juanita!

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Everyone I know who works for a vet loves it and being a pet lover myself I sure get it! Good luck with your stories!

Susan Coryell said...

After our sweet miniature schnauzer, Maggy, died, we decided to remain pet-less until we stop traveling so much. In the meantime, we have neighbor-dogs on both sides of us we can love on whenever we want! Thanks for a warm and cozy post!

Tena Stetler said...

Enjoyed your post. I too am an animal lover. I have a dog, parrot and 45 year old box turtle. I'm glad you can work with a vet. I'd be in tears all the time over the ultimate decision. I've had to do that a few times and it's terrible. But admire those care for our pets in times of crisis.

Anonymous said...

I'm a pet lover too. Right now we are in between pets because we travel, but we dog sit our son's dog, a poodle terrier mix who growls at his toys as he plays.

You series sounds very interesting.

Unknown said...

I thank everyone for their warm comments both personal and professional. I look forward to speaking with each one of you again sometimes.

Nightingale said...

Interesting post, Juanita. I am vocal when I want something. I go silent when I'm asked to talk to strangers. Best of luck with your book.

Kara O'Neal said...

It is hard for me to say what I want as well. I prefer the Q and A. It's a little easier. I enjoyed your post. Thank you for the help you give to animals! Good luck to you!

Marissa Garner said...

After losing our dog a year ago, I considered fostering but decided I'd want to permanently keep each and every critter, which wouldn't go over well with my husband. Enjoyed your post. Nice to get to know you.

Alicia Dean said...

I'm better at Q&A too, although I'm getting a little more confident in free writing blog posts. I used to panic at the thought. The more you do them, the more comfortable you'll feel. You did an excellent job on this one! Even though I'm not a pet person, I was entertained and your love for your job and critters really came through. :) In the Blood sounds like a good read. Congrats on chasing your dreams!

Diane Burton said...

Great getting to know you better, Juanita. We always had dogs--larger more than small ones. After our last one died, we decided to hold off so we could travel more. If I need a dog fix, I visit my kids who have 2 dogs each.