Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

#TuesdayTreasure: Special Guest Post by Anita Highman!

Good Morning Friends!

We have a very special guest brought to you today by Litfuse Publicity Group. Anita Highman shares something she treasures with us.


Sweet Memories

My latest novel, Summer’s List, is dedicated to the memory of a dog named Laney. This enchanting little pooch was part Chihuahua and the rest, well, was pure love. Laney was a dear friend and companion to my daughter-in-law, Danielle, who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis, which makes every day a painful ordeal, but can also at a moment’s notice, give her weeks of life-threatening peril. During some of the most frightening passages of Danielle’s youth, both physically and emotionally, Laney seemed to sense the vulnerability, struggle, and sadness in her beloved mistress and stayed by her side with great loyalty and affection. Danielle believes Laney was a true lifesaver.

Because this dog was so special, I wanted to not only dedicate my novel, Summer’s List, to her, but also include her in the actual story. I hope readers enjoy the way the little dog gave some of the scenes a bit of extra humor as well as heart and hope. I tried to incorporate most of Laney’s character traits in the book, such as her sprightly and effervescent nature, her adorable tricks and mischievousness, and of course, her loyalty and love. I hope each of you enjoy this character, Laney, in Summer’s List. Here is the dedication from the front of the book.

Dedication
In sweet memory of Laney—
the beloved dog who brought my daughter-in-law, Danielle Higman,
much love and comfort through the years
and who can still bring tears of joy every time she is remembered.


Awww... I'm sure we all can relate to treasuring memories of beloved pets that are no longer with us. I know I can!

Anita Higman is a CBA bestselling and award-winning author with 40 books published. Higman has also been recognized for her contribution to literacy and has raised thousands of dollars for that cause while serving on the board of directors of Literacy Advance of Houston.


To keep up with Anita Higman, visit www.anitahigman.com become a fan on Facebook (AuthorAnitaHigman) or follow her on Twitter (@anitahigman). 




Summer's List can be purchased at Amazon for Kindle and in Paperback!





Well Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed today's Treasure as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you!

Check back every week as I share more great Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights!

Until next time...take care & God Bless!
PamT

6 comments:

Susan Coryell said...

Love the dedication and the story behind it. We had a tiny dog who was smarter than half the 8th graders I taught! Good luck to you.

marilyn leach said...

Enjoyed your article, Anita. Just as in real life, pets can add zest and heart to a printed story. I've already come to love Laney. Cheers

Anita Higman said...



So glad you enjoyed Laney. Makes my day to read it.

Blessings to you all!

Anita Higman

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks for stopping by Susan, Marilyn and Anita!

Linda McLaughlin said...

What a sweet story, Anita. You and Danielle were lucky to have Laney. My folks had a little Chihuahua who considered it her duty to snuggle up with whichever of us was under the weather. It was sweet. Dogs can be so loving and special.

MJ Schiller said...

Enjoyed your post! Animals can add so much to your life. My kitty follows me around and naps with me. Such a comfort at times. And when we used to pray together as a family she seemed to sense it--no matter where she was in the house--and come join our little circle. Thank you for sharing! And I love your cover!