Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, December 4, 2014

#ThursdayThoughts: The Soundtracks of Our Lives

Good Morning and Welcome to the first Thursday Thoughts of December.

Yeah, it goes without saying that this year has flown by and not always indicative of having fun.

Back in 2008 I wrote a post about the role music plays in our lives. Today I'd like to expound on that a little.

One question I'm often asked is if there is a particular song or songs that inspire me while I'm writing. Many songs influence me, but I don't listen when writing because I either get so engrossed in the music that I lose my train of thought or get irritated at the distraction and turn it off.

If you've followed me long you know about my devotional, Love is a Rose, which parallels the love of God and Christian life to the words of the song, The Rose, and how the words reached deep into my spirit.


Today I'd like to share with you another song that has touched my life in a very meaningful day.....Homesick by Mercy Me.

I discovered this song after my husband passed away in 2009, called it my "feel good cry." That remains true to this day. So much so, that I had it played at my mother's funeral just last month.

Some days I shed tears of joy because the words and the hope they contain are so powerful. Other times I weep with sadness and grief, longing to see my loved one's who've crossed over into the heavenly realm.

We all have special songs that become the soundtracks of our lives. I still remember the song my husband and I first danced to and the one I sang or hummed the day my granddaughter was born.

This song will always remain part of the soundtrack of my life.

I pray it touches you as deeply as it does me....



**Love is a Rose can be purchased at Amazon in Print and on Kindle, Barnes & Noble (Nook) and at Smashwords & Deeper Shopping.

Hope you enjoyed this week's Thursday Thoughts! Stay tuned for Saturday Spotlight & Tuesday Treasure.

Until later... take care, God Bless and remember... God uses any and every means to speak to His children, so listen up whenever a sign, song or something unusual makes your spirit stand up and dance.

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge! 

1 comment:

Winona Cross said...

I don't much use music as writing inspiration but my first thoughts were anything by The Everley Brothers, Elvis, Silver Bells by anyone, O Holy Night, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Mary Did You Know, Halleujiah, anything by Celtic Woman, Lady A, I'll Fly Away, On The Wings Of A Dove, It Is Well With My Soul, and probably a hundred more that aren't coming to mind.