Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday Treasure - Silver Spur Guest Ranch, Bandera, TX

Good Morning Friends!

Today's treasure is not a book or product, but a place.

If you've followed my blog you've heard about this place before but please indulge me and let me share with my new friends the awesomeness of God in leading me back to Bandera and to the Silver Spur Guest Ranch.

As a child I went with my grandparents to Bandera to visit with their long-time friend whom I called Aunt Ellen on her ranch. The photos I have are dated April 1966 which puts me a month shy of five years old but the impression of that place on my young heart stayed with me forever.


At four years old I never dreamed I'd grow up to be a writer. When I wrote my Tempered series it only made sense to set my western romances on a ranch in TX...so...with a vivid imagination and a little research I set them in Bandera, the "Cowboy Capital of the World." Years passed and I only visited Bandera once, when Tempered Hearts was first published back in 2000/2001. I donated a book to the library and had a book signing. Though a quick, turn around trip, my husband and I had a lovely time.  Later I added a short story spin-off, Lori's Redemption.

psthib's Tempered Series album on Photobucket
                                                                                        
Fast forward to 2010 and The Wild Rose Press's "Saddle up and Write" retreat held in Bandera, TX at the Silver Spur Guest Ranch! Lost and unsettled after my husbands death in 2009 I jumped at the chance to go to the place I remembered with such fondness. Not only did I attend the writer's retreat, by the grace of God and the kindness of the ranch owners, Kay & Garry Walsmith, I returned to live and work at the Silver Spur for the better part of that year! I've remained friends with the Walsmiths and the SSR staff and have returned periodically to visit and to work.



I've said often that Bandera touched my heart as a child and changed my life as an adult. I mean who wouldn't feel that way looking at this scenery and that gorgeous sunset!


If you're ever out in the area or are looking for a great place to bring your family for vacation, check out Bandera, TX and the Silver Spur Guest Ranch!

The entire Tempered series is available on Kindle & Nook!

Until later...Take Care, God Bless and Remember....Sometimes God brings you full circle...

PamT

No comments: