Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Thoughts ~ What's the Point?

Sometimes I wonder.... "What's the point of all this?"..... Especially since Terry died 3+ years ago.

What's the point to life - or more specifically - What's the point to MY life?

What's the point to Terry's death? - I mean, if my life is just going around in circles with no real meaning or purpose - why did he have to die? I was perfectly content and blissfully happy being his wife. True there were circumstances I didn't like - like having to go out and work (I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home-wife/mother) ... Which leads to another question...

What's the point of having life-long, soul-deep dreams if they aren't fulfilled the way we desire?

What's the point in working so much for so little in return? - I mean what's the point of "doing what you love" if that doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table?

What's the point of my writing - am I REALLY touching lives for God?

What's the point to my faith if my circumstances don't seem to change? Oh they do change! But is that change for my good and God's glory?

What's the point of Jesus' "abundant life" if my experience reflects lack?

Like a merry-go-round, the questions circle in my brain. And then I look around and hear someone else's story and feel guilty for having such petty, selfish thoughts.

And yet, the questions start again..... What's the point of life when there's so much pain and suffering?

I'm sure Jesus feels the same.....

What's the point of MY Blood, My sacrifice? I died for them and they can't hardly stand each other!

What's the point of MY example? I showed them unconditional love, forgiveness and lack of judgment - they can't even get along with their immediate family much less the world...always gossiping, backbiting and judging! Snubbing each other with their puffed up pride and self righteousness attitudes.

What's the point of My teaching? I taught them the simplicity of faith - "Love God and love one another as I have loved you"....    "THIS... is the work I have for you, to Believe! (Believe on Me and the One who sent Me)" - yet they complicate it all with rules and regulations and works of the flesh, work that draws their heart and mind far, far from Me.

I imagine HE gets as disgusted with people as I/we sometimes do and I'm sure He asks His (our) Father - daily...What's the Point?

What's the point of this post?

I don't know! I told you Thursday Thoughts would sometimes be Random Ramblings LOL!

Seriously though, sometimes I feel I'm just a puppet on this stage called "life."

I mean, I read and study and listen and hopefully learn and then I try to do good and to be more like Jesus....loving, kind, generous, etc - So what am I missing? What's the key?

What's the point?

I'd love to hear your feedback!






No comments: