Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Tricia Jones

Today's guest is fellow TWRP author, Tricia Jones and her book, A Temporary Arrangement.

Fair England is my home, where I’m happily married to my wonderful husband of…ahem…let’s just say several years. A lifelong writer, although for many years I channeled that interest into work related qualifications for the "day job" in adult education. Now I'm addicted to writing fiction, especially contemporary romance with strong heroes and equally strong heroines who give their men a run for their money. Travel is a passion and I can pack a suitcase quicker than a girl can sneeze. I love finding romantic places to act as the setting for a new book, or a little corner café where I can indulge in a spot of people watching and let my imagination fly.

Finn Montgomery needs a wife … temporarily. With his sister’s recent death heavy on his conscience he wants custody of his seven year old nephew, and that means finding a suitable woman and making her an offer she couldn’t refuse. Thia Conway needs a miracle … permanently. Too bad that miracle comes in the shape of a ruthless and arrogant businessman who views a marriage proposal as just another clause in a contract – a contract Thia has no option but to sign.

EXCERPT – A Temporary Arrangement

Thia spun around to see Finn in the doorway. He dropped his shoulder against the frame and just leaned there. It was amazing how the man generated heat, how she could always seem to feel the energy coming off of him.

“I really don't like you,” she said. “And do you know what? I don't want to talk, not any more.”

“What's the matter, Princess, my conversation skills not to your liking?”

Thia scoffed. “Conversation skills? Try putting lack of before those words and you just about have it.”

“What do you mean? I've been talking. Christ, I've talked more to you than just about anyone outside a boardroom. What the hell do you want from me?”

She folded her arms, more to hide the erratic rise and fall of her chest than for any other purpose. “I don't want anything from you. Just let me pass.”

“How about a nightcap first.”

“We've just had brandy.”

He pushed away from the frame. “For God's sake, Thia.”

She went to squeeze past him. He simply turned, edging her back against the frame.

“Get out of my way.”

“Why?” he said, pushing against her. “You're constantly in mine. Digging about this, nagging about that.”

“I don't nag.” She tried to keep her eyes on his chest, but some malevolent force had other ideas and their gazes met. If she hadn't had the frame for support, Thia knew she would have fallen back. How could a man so complex, so difficult, have eyes like that? How could he make her want him, even when she knew it was so not in her best interests to want him?

Finn placed his hand on the frame, effectively trapping her.

Her stomach gave one long unsteady roll. “I don't like you,” she felt compelled to say again. “I really don't like you.”

A Temporary Arrangement is available now from The Wild Rose Press

Find out more about Tricia at her website.

Until later....take care and be blessed.

No comments: