Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VBT - Alysia Lyons

Hi There Friends!

Today I'd like to introduce to you author Alysia Lyons whose book How the Hart Breaks is on virtual tour through Pertinent Promotions!



Bio: Alysia grew up in Fresno, California, and is fourth of six children. She began writing stories on Post-It notes at the age of eight, but found a true love for writing novels at sixteen. How the Hart Breaks stemmed from a brainstorming session with a fellow writer, morphed into a trilogy, and soon took on a life of its own. Now twenty-six years old, Alysia lives and works in Fresno, CA. One day, she hopes to leave her full-time job and dedicate her life to her true passion: writing.

Blurb: There has to be more to life than lame tabloid articles, rumors and always being in the spotlight,” Isabel Hart asks herself at the closing of her fifth year of fame. After much debate, Isabel decides to put her career on hold and enroll at NYU. Finding a balance between her successful, fast-paced music career, her new dreams for a college education and a normal life away from the paparazzi becomes more difficult as she lets down her guard and falls in love with a handsome college student. Will Isabel overcome her fears of true love or will she learn "How big the Hart Breaks?" Read a Sneak Peeek HERE!

Q&A with the Author!

Q: From post-its to a novel, how big a leap was this for you?
A: It actually progressed naturally over time. From post-its to note pads to journaling books and finally a 100,000 word novel. Each time I wrote a story, my writing improved and so did the length and content quality of the book. Writing novels was never a giant task I felt I needed to tackle. It has always been the natural course of things.

Q: I’ve heard a lot of writers have a crutch. Do you, and if so, what is it?
A: I’d have to say that my crutch is discussing my plot with close friends. Being able to about it out loud is a very important part of the writing process for me.

Q: What made you decide to start your writing career with a trilogy? It seems a bit daunting for a new author.
A: When I first started writing the Isabel Hart Series, I didn’t plan on it becoming a trilogy. The original draft had a completely different ending. It became a trilogy with the real Isabel asked me “What happens next?” What happened next wasn’t going to fit in one novel and so the trilogy was born.

Q: Can we find your Favorite guilty pleasure woven into Isabel‘s character?
A: In the book, Isabel goes to a small coffee shop to warm up and find a reprieve. I think drinking coffee is the closest Isabel comes to exhibiting any of my guilty pleasures!

And the frivolous questions all writers get asked!
Favorite time of day to write: Typically inspiration hits me just before I’m about to go to sleep or it’s the thing that gets me out of bed earlier than I wanted too. That few moments between awake and asleep is when my creativity sparks.

Favorite writing spot: The world is my writing spot. All I need is a place to sit and my lap top (not to mention a good cup of Starbucks coffee).

Favorite writing motivation: My motivation comes from the voices in my head, ha! Many times, it is the characters that I’ve created that motivate me to write the next scene or the next chapter.

Favorite writing tip: If you have a story locked up in your mind, get your words out on paper. Don’t worry about the quality of what comes out. Worry about that when you are in the editing stage. Don’t start to edit until you’ve written the entire book. Because if you are focused on the past, you’ll miss the present and the future won’t be what you want it to be.

When can we anticipate the next book in series? I’m hoping to release From the Hart in the Summer of 2010.

Where can we find How the Hart Breaks? Pdbookstore.com, Amazon.com, barnesandnobel.com, target.com


Well Friends, that about wraps it up for another Virtual Book Tour!

Check back with me Saturday for our Spotlight on Terri Molina.

Until the....Be BLESSED!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" TM

1 comment:

By Tina-Sue Ducross said...

Such a nice post!
I have to check this book out.