Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Shack

Well, I finally broke down and read The Shack by William P Young and must say I don't understand what all the controversy is about.

No, I would not call HIM "Papa" nor portray Him, Jesus or the Holy Spirit in the manner as Mr. Young did, but then again, who am I to say the author is wrong to do so?

Doesn't the bible state that we are children of the Most High God and that He meets us where we are...He not only pulls us out of the pit - He walks with us in the pit? Didn't Jesus say, "I call you friends" ?

Personally, I found the book to be a lovely example of the intimacy God wishes to share with us.

Though clothed in romance and weaved throughout a story of human emotions and sometimes human tragedy, I too try to show God's desire to share an intimate relationship with us.

If one person looks at Him in a new light and reaches out to Him with an open heart to know Him on a more intimate level as a result of reading this book, then Mr. Young has done what he set out to do....he drew someone to Jesus.

I only hope I can say the same of my writing.

If you haven't read it yet, read The Shack. Read it with an open mind and a searching heart and know how much the Blessed Trinity loves you.

Drop by Saturday for our Spotlight on Amber Polo and Don't Forget - the White Roses in Bloom authors are Celebrating Christmas all month long with poems, recipes, tips and stories to help you beat the holiday stress! I'm giving away one advance copy of Winter Madness to someone who drops by the blog and leaves a comment!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (TM)

No comments: