Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, November 5, 2016

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Christine Lindsay and her brand new release!

Good Morning Friends,

I hope you're having a blessed and happy week! Today I'll be joining other local authors at Central Library located at 301 W Claude St.,  Lake Charles, LA for their "Authors on the Bayou" event so if you're out and about between 11 and 1, please drop by. There'll be refreshments, readings and all sorts of fun.

Meanwhile, please welcome Christine Lindsay back to our blog with her brand new release, Finding Sarah, Finding Me: A Birthmother's Story

Sometimes it is only through giving up our hearts that we learn to trust the Lord.

Adoption. It’s something that touches one in three people today, a word that will conjure different emotions in those people touched by it. A word that might represent the greatest hope…the greatest question…the greatest sacrifice. But most of all, it’s a word that represents God’s immense love for his people.

Join birth mother Christine Lindsay as she shares the heartaches, hopes, and epiphanies of her journey to reunion with the daughter she gave up...and to understanding her true identity in Christ along the way.


Through her story and glimpses into the lives of other families in the adoption triad, readers will see the beauty of our broken families, broken hearts, and broken dreams when we entrust them to our loving God.

Foreword to Finding Sarah Finding Me

In the years between, after relinquishing Sarah at three days old and before our reunion many years later, if I just happen to attend a women’s conference or a ladies’ church function around her birthday, and as happens so often, the organizers of the event just happen to hand out carnations at the door…and as they randomly give out a variety of colors to the ladies leaving…as I inch my way slowly toward the exit in a long lineup of women, I watch with mounting expectation.
The flowers arrive every year around her birthday, those silly blooms that started on the day I got out of the hospital. Sometimes just a card with flowers on it, and always from someone who has no clue what February 24th means to me. Sometimes a friend might send a potted plant—always pink—just because they’re thinking of me.
So as I shuffle forward in each lineup at any ladies’ function I happen to attend, while the last strains of the last song float over the venue, and as the women in front of me smile and with thanks receive their red carnation—or yellow or white—as a gift for coming, without ever asking, mine is always, always pink.
I lift my bloom to my face and breathe in the sweetness. Yes, Lord, you want me to find Sarah.

Read Chapter One of Finding Sarah Finding Me: Click HERE

Get your copy of the book at Amazon.

Christine Lindsay is the author of multi-award-winning Christian fiction with complex emotional and psychological truth, who always promises a happy ending. Tales of her Irish ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India inspired her multi-award-winning series Twilight of the British Raj, Book 1 Shadowed in Silk, Book 2 Captured by Moonlight, and explosive finale Veiled at Midnight.

Christine’s Irish wit and use of setting as a character is evident in her contemporary and historical romances Londonderry Dreaming and Sofi’s Bridge.

A busy writer and speaker, Christine, and her husband live on the west coast of Canada. Coming August 2016 is the release of her non-fiction book Finding Sarah—Finding Me: A Birthmother’s Story.

Please drop by Christine’s website www.ChristineLindsay.org or follow her on Amazon on Twitter. Subscribe to her quarterly newsletter, and be her friend on Pinterest , Facebook, and  Goodreads

Also, check out some of Christine's previous posts where she shared Treasures and Thoughts and been in our Spotlight!

I sure hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll check back each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

7 comments:

Darcy Flynn said...

Inspirational and extremely touching. God Bless you on your writing journey.

Susan Coryell said...

With an adopted grand daughter, I have come to respect the birth mothers' sacrifice and to revel in the child's forever home. Nice post and good luck with your writing.

Christine said...

Thank you Darcy and Susan for your encouragement. My particular "Adoption" story was a great journey, pain and eventual joy.

marilyn leach said...

Christine, what a beautiful sentiment. I pray that your book resonates with those who need encouragement. I like the way you've used flowers as a symbol in this passage. Cheers

Christine said...

Thank you Marilyn. The pink flowers were a strange coincidence throughout my journey as a birthmom. God used those silly flowers to encourage me during the dark times. Hope you get a chance to read the book at some point. Hugs and blessings.

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

What a difficult book this must have been to write. As an adopted child, whose sister was adopted by another family, though we were finally reunited through fate many years later, I understand the many dynamics and emotions involved..and often there is a much more complex situation than a triad.

Christine said...

Oh Elizabeth, you are so right. I'd love to have you share your story on my blog? Would you contact me at Christine (dot) d (dot) Schmidtke @ gmailcom