Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

#TuesdayTreasures: Guest Post by Christine Lindsay

Good Morning Friends,

It is with great pleasure I bring today's guest, Christine Lindsay to share with us somethings she treasures......


The Treasure Trove of Ancestors – by Christine Lindsay

Life has been a rollercoaster for me, the good, the bad, even the ugly at times. But what a treasure trove it is to dip into old family history when I need inspiration for a book.

Thanks to the Irish oral tradition of handing stories down through the generations, I have used my great-grandfather’s and my grandfather’s trade as riveters in the Belfast shipyard for Sofi’s Bridge, my latest historical romance, although I switched the riveters to that of bridges instead of ships. My grandfather was only 14 years old as an apprentice on his very first ship, the RMS Titanic.

I used my maternal great, great-grandfather’s military career as a solider in India to create my hero Major Geoff Richards in Shadowed in Silk.

My own travels in India during a missionary trip painted the exotic tropical setting for Captured by Moonlight.

My great-uncle Eddie Roberts who was a soldier in the British Cavalry between the two world wars, and who also served in India during the time of Lord Louis Mountbatten as the Supreme Allied Commander of the Asian theater during WW2 became the inspiration for my hero Captain Cam Fraser in Veiled at Midnight. Thank you Uncle Eddie.

Again, my own travels in Ireland created the backdrop of Londonderry Dreaming, especially the majestic and rugged Irish coastline and the world famous Giant’s Causeway, where I had my hero a music therapist kiss the heroine, an artist. Those two characters had trouble communicating with words, but did just fine with other types of communication.

Living close to the Cascade Mountains and the Canadian Rockies was the inspiration for my short Christmas story Heavenly Haven where I had fun creating an avalanche.

And my own life, with all its heartaches and joys as a woman who relinquished her child to adoption, and to our reunion 20 years later was the truth behind Finding Sarah—Finding Me: A Birthmother’s Story which will be released August. 15, 2016.

As far as the ugly is concerned, those memories are few and far between. And if someone just happened to hurt my feelings, well they’re in my books, but they would never recognize themselves. Ah, the life of an author, and the treasure troves we dip into.


Wow...Ireland. One day I'm going to visit there!


ABOUT CHRISTINE LINDSAY
Christine Lindsay is the author of multi-award-winning Christian fiction. Tales of her Irish ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India inspired her multi-award-winning series Twilight of the British Raj, Book 1 Shadowed in Silk, Book 2 Captured by Moonlight, and the explosive finale Veiled at Midnight.

Christine’s Irish wit and her use of setting as a character is evident in her contemporary romance Londonderry Dreaming. Her newest release Sofi’s Bridge also features a dashing Irish hero.

Aside from being a busy writer and speaker, Christine and her husband live on the west coast of Canada. Coming August 2016 is the release of Christine’s non-fiction book Finding Sarah—Finding Me: A Birthmother’s Story.

Please drop by Christine’s website www.ChristineLindsay.org or follow her on Amazon on Twitter. Subscribe to her quarterly newsletter, and be her friend on Pinterest , Facebook, and  Goodreads

Read all the first chapters of Christine Lindsay’s novels for Free on her website, click HERE and go to Christine’s Books.

Purchase Sofi's Bridge at AMAZON.com and Pelican Book Group

Hope you enjoyed today's Treasures and I hope you'll come back weekly for Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time...take care and God bless.
PamT




12 comments:

Susan Oleksiw said...

You have some great family stories. Good luck with your next book, about the reunion of mother and daughter.

Tanya Stowe said...

Always a pleasure to read something from you, Christine!

LoRee Peery said...

I loved Sofi's Bridge and wasn't ready to leave when I came to the final pages. Thanks for letting readers know where the background "knowledge" came from.

Christine said...

Thank you so much ladies, for your very encouraging comments. Blessings to all of you too.

marilyn leach said...

Thanks for sharing, Susan. What a colorful family you have! You're so right. They are a treasure trove of inspiration. I'm a fan of Ireland, and all of Great Britain as well. Cheers, Marilyn

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Christine,

What a great legacy you have! Your ancestors have provided you with a great treasure chest of fascinating stories. Congrats.

Alicia Dean said...

I love how you used stories from your family and your own life in your fiction. How brave you are to write about your painful decision, but how uplifting that you were able to reunite with your child. Your book sounds like an excellent read!

Leah St. James said...

Wow, what a rich and colorful family background! And how wonderful that you were able to reconnect with your child. My mother was adopted, and I've often wondered about her birth family, if I've ever known any of them, or even walked by on the street. The book sounds wonderful.

Susan Coryell said...

I admire the way you have used family stories and tradition to enrich your writing and, ultimately, your life. Best wishes for success in this and all your endeavors.

Nicole Fitton said...

Wow what a wonderful family history you have. Ireland is such a beautiful and inspiring place. Here's wishing you every success with your latest release.

Diane Burton said...

Love reading family stories. Best wishes.

M.J. Schiller, Romance Author said...

It is wonderful to have experiences to draw from for our characters and settings. All of these stories sound fantastic and I'm looking forward to reading them. Best wishes in all of your writing endeavors, Christine! Glad to "meet" you.