Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, September 1, 2016

#ThursdayThoughts Guest post by Marie Treanor!

Good Morning Friends and Welcome to the first Thursday Thoughts of September, 2016!

As I mentioned in Tuesday Treasures, I am on the road again, so there won't be a lot of chit chat today. Instead I'd like to welcome Marie Treanor back to our blog to share some thoughts with us.....

I love the Scottish summer – it’s my favourite day in the year

When Pamela invited me to blog about my Thursday thoughts, I didn’t have to rack my brains for very long before I came up with what most British people spend a large part of every day discussing, worrying about, complaining about or even making jokes about. The weather.

To those of you used to more extreme and even hazardous weather, our obsession must be rather puzzling. We don’t get ridiculously hot or cold weather. We don’t get hurricanes (although occasionally we do get gales with a few hurricane force gusts!) or tornadoes. And though certain areas do seem to be increasingly liable to flooding, in Scotland at least, we certainly don’t get droughts! We are, in fact, lucky in our climate, although few of us acknowledge it.

Several years ago, I used to meet a Canadian at the bus stop each morning. He was working in Scotland for a couple of years, and clearly he’d already caught our weather obsession. But what fascinated him most was that we could get all four seasons in a day. Or even in a morning. Which is why, of course, we obsess about it. Just because it’s sunny at 8 o’clock in the morning doesn’t mean we can leave the umbrella at home. And if it’s bucketing when we set out to the shops, it’s just as likely to be blinding sunshine by the time we bring the shopping back. You need a keen instinct to risk hanging out the washing if you’re not going to be at home all day, and deciding what to wear to suit the weather is definitely a lottery.

On the other hand, it’s never dull! And the grass is always green. :-)

So, I suppose that’s the background to GHOST IN THE RAIN, my Gothic mystery romance novella. If you’re going to haunt in the west of Scotland, you need to be prepared to do so in all weathers!


Marie Treanor lives in Scotland, in a chaotic house by the sea, together with her eccentric husband, three much too smart children and a small dog who rules them all. Most days, she avoids both housekeeping and evil day jobs by writing stories of paranormal romance and fantasy. 

Marie is the award winning author of over forty paranormal romances - Indie, New York and E-published.

You can find out more about Marie and her books on her website: www.MarieTreanor.com.

Subscribe to her New Release Mailing List: http://www.marietreanor.com/marie-treanor-newsletter.  


Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarieTreanor 


Find Marie's latest book, Ghost in the Rain at the following locations:



Well Friends, I hope you enjoyed today Thursday Thoughts and that you'll return each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

6 comments:

Marie Treanor said...

Waving hello again to Pam's readers! Pam, thanks so much for having me back on your blog and letting me ramble :) Enjoy your travels!
Marie x

Maureen said...

Here I thought it was just Pennsylvania that constantly griped about the weather ;) Great post!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi Marie,

I always love to read a Gothic romance. My own tribute to the genre is entitled
DARK MOON RISING, published just a year ago. It's a Southern Gothic. I believe one set in Scotland would be fascinating. Congrats!

marilyn leach said...

I enjoyed the weather in Scotland when I visited. I was in Edinburgh. I visited right near the time of the summer solstice, so the sun rose at 4AM and set at 11PM. I loved it. Cheers

Alicia Dean said...

That sounds awesome! I would love changing weather like that. It would be quite interesting. And, I can attest to how fabulous Ghost in the Rain is - The launch book for our A World of Gothic Series is fantastic, moody and spooky and compelling. Definitely a great read!

Unknown said...

About two years ago, I retreated from southern New Hampshire and its long, wet winters and moved to southern Arizona with its long, dry summers. I find I hate cold more than I hate hot (temps have reached 117. Piece of cake!).

I love Gothic romance.