Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

#TuesdayTreasures Traveling

Good Morning Friends!

Yep, hard to believe but it IS the last Tuesday of August. Bad news, hurricane season is in full swing.

Good news, cooler weather is/should be right around the corner. Hopefully that'll keep the hurricanes off of us.

Anyway, my scheduled guest couldn't be here today so I'm going to share something I treasure with you.....

Traveling.

Although I hate to drag the roads (y'know, run errands all over town, etc), I love to travel. As I'm sure you've noted by previous posts about TX, OK, TN and other places I've been.

I love seeing new places, people and exploring cultures, customs, etc.

Thursday I'll be heading to South Carolina again. This time the plan is to visit North Carolina before returning home. Not sure if the trip back will be through TN or what. Guess it depends on how much fun we're having. :-)

I'll take plenty of pictures and share these experiences with you sometime later, but, speaking of traveling, AHA promo group created by Tina Gayle, is doing a #FallRomanticTravel blog exchange.

I'll be hosting friends and their books here on Tuesdays and Thursdays through early November, after which some will embark on the #HolidayRecipeandRomance exchange.

Not sure if I'll do both, but watch for the hashtag #FallRomanticTravel and this graphic and get ready for some great ideas for your future vacations!


I look forward to sharing these with you and hope to see you often during the exchange and of course, afterward for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God bless!
PamT

11 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

How lovely to travel! Have a wonderful trip, Pam.

Susan Coryell said...

I, too, love seeing new places, but I consider "getting there" to be an endurance test, most of the time. Visiting our son in Hawaii every winter is such a joy--once we survive the twelve-hour plane ride from the East Coast. Getting home is a textbook case of jet lag traveling from west to east. Ahhhh...but in between marathon plane rides--what fun! We often stop off in a West Coast city new to us--San Francisco, San Diego and Seattle have been fantastic tourist spots for us the last three years. Nice post and keep traveling!

Diane Burton said...

I enjoy traveling by car. (Planes, not so much) Hubs isn't big on stopping or just walking down the main streets and window shopping. We, esp. like to travel in Sept. after kids are back in school and tourists make finding parking spots impossible. But then I live in a resort town so I shouldn't complain about tourists.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Jacqueline!

I'd love to go to Hawaii, Susan! I know what you mean about jet lag tho.

I love travelling by any means Diane LOL!

Thanks Ladies for stopping by.

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Fall is such a beautiful time to travel in the Midwest or east coast region. Having lived in VA a few years I have been to NC more than a few times and we really enjoyed it. Have a great time!

Alicia Dean said...

I LOVE to travel, but yeah, the getting there isn't always pleasant. Especially by plane. It's fast, but NOT fun. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Leah St. James said...

I love traveling but rarely get the opportunity. Your fall travel blog sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing what you ladies (and guys?) come up with!

Unknown said...

We have a beautiful country, don't we? Enjoy!

marilyn leach said...

I enjoy travel, and I usually do it on a shoestring. But that's a part of the fun. I read travel guides to plan, find mom and pop places to stay, eat lots of picnic lunches and take in the local culture. England is one of my "favs." I appreciate the opportunities to travel. I hope your trip, Pam, is a "gas." Cheers

MJ Schiller said...

I enjoy the getting away from it all aspect of traveling. No laundry, no chores, no cooking! And then there's new scenery, new foods, sometimes even new music! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I'm looking forward to visiting Cherokee, NC, Elizabeth. Hoping the bad weather passes through and leaves us sunny days!

I don't know Alicia, not much beats circling Mt. Raineer while descending into SeaTac airport. Definitely a sight you don't soon forget!

So far just ladies, Leah for the #RomanticFallTravel but hopefully a guy or two will join up.

Yeah, Peggy, we do and it's exciting to get to see some more of it!

I hear you about the shoestring, Marilyn, that's one of the reasons we travel with the RV and stay in State & National parks. Beautiful AND Reasonable!

You got it ALL right, MJ!

Thank you ALL for stopping by.

Good luck and God's blessings to EACH of YOU!
PamT