Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: Guest Post by Delia Latham

Good Morning Friends,

Today I thought I'd give you a break from my random ramblings and share with you some thoughts from a dear friend of mine, Delia Latham.



DELIA LATHAM is a born-and-bred California gal, raised in a place called Weedpatch and currently living in the lovely mountain town of Tehachapi with her husband and a spoiled Pomeranian. She enjoys multiple roles as Christian wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend, but especially loves being a princess daughter to the King of Kings. She has a "thing" for Dr. Pepper, and loves to hear from her readers. Contact her through her website or send an e-mail to delia@delialatham.net. Find her also at the following online locations:



Today Delia is sharing a devotion from her book, Morning Rendezvous, Devotions and Musings from My Heart to Yours....

Morning Rendezvous
by Delia Latham
©


Psalm 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.


I am not a morning person.


Most of the time I'm up until the wee hours, either writing or doing something to avoid writing, and then I sleep half the morning away. I can do that now—it's one of the perks of having an empty nest.


But not on this day.


I crawled into bed sometime just prior to 3 a.m. only to have my eyes pop open at about a quarter to six. I blinked sleepily and looked to my window, noticing the colors of dawn still streaking the sky. Dawn? Huh-uh! Giving my pillow a firm, outraged plump, I turned over to go back to sleep. It was not time to get up!


"Come talk to Me.”


Just a whisper. A tiny little voice. I might have imagined it.


"Pssst! In here. I'm waiting."


He kept it up, gently nudging me. Finally I groaned and responded. "OK, Lord, I'm awake. What's the deal?"


But lying in bed pretending to pay attention wasn't working. I finally had to crawl out of my nice warm cocoon, grab my little devotion book and Bible, and park myself on the sofa for some time with the Lover of my soul. Turns out I'd been putting that at the bottom of my To-Do list a little too often, and God—being the good Friend that He is—woke me up to tell me He missed me.
I realized just how much I had missed Him too, when He snuggled me up close and whispered, "Beloved...where have you been?"


The glory of that early morning rendezvous reflected itself in every moment of that day. How could it not? The King of Kings and Lord of Lords desired my company enough to disturb my coveted slumber to get it.


I am blessed!

Precious Lord, I thank You for the times You awaken me to show me Your love. They are treasured times with You, and I hold them close to my heart. They give me strength to endure; they give me joy for the journey. You are welcome anytime you want to be with me! I invite you to come often, and stay long. Amen



Morning Rendezvous is available through Amazon in Print and on Kindle!

Well Friends, I hope you enjoyed this devotion and sneak peek into Delia's heart. 

Tomorrow I'll be guested at VB Tenery's blog, Agatha Remembered so if you have a minute, stop by!

IMW have a Blessed day!
PamT

No comments: