Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#TuesdayTreasures Guest post by Vanessa D Werts

Good Morning and Welcome!

I hope your New Year celebrations were blessed, safe and happy.

Today we welcome a new-to-me author, Vanessa D Werts to share something she treasures.....

When I look at my two sons, sometimes my eyes water, remembering them as little boys. All they cared about and wanted back then was to eat, sleep, and play. Now that they are 25 and 17, I treasure the time I spent with them when they were kids, especially as I grow closer to being an empty nester.

Just the other day, I heard them laughing and it took me back to a time when their smiles would light up my world. Those little faces could bring calm and balance to my frazzled nerves after a hectic day at work and rush-hour traffic. Somehow my boys energized me, giving me a second wind to cook for them and hear about their day. Maybe it was hearing their silly jokes and random questions about the craziest things, that made me laugh and lightened my heart. Whatever the case, I treasure and often miss those times.

As I reflect on it all, I ask myself, where did the time go? When did their once smooth, baby faces become framed by a strong jawline that needs to be shaved? The deep voices belonging to men now, call me mom and I smile, shaking my head as I remember the former days. If I could turn back time, just for a day, to hold their small hands and feel that closeness, I would.


I’m so grateful for my sons. I will always treasure the memories of them as little boys and the joy they brought me in that time of my life.

Vanessa D. Werts is the author of both fiction and nonfiction books. She is a military veteran and minister with a calling to speak value and honor into the lives of women. Overcoming many obstacles in her own life such as daddy issues, sexual assault as a teen, infidelity in marriage, divorce, and being a single mom,  motivated Vanessa to be a champion for women achieving a positive self-image. Her primary purpose for writing is to encourage and inspire women to walk in their God-given right to be healed and whole.​ Find out more by visiting her website.

Vanessa's newest release, Lies and Love: Cleansing the Heart to Make Room for Radical Love is available at Amazon.

Hope you enjoyed today's Treasures and that you'll check back weekly for this year's lineup of great Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights!

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

8 comments:

Maureen said...

What a lovely post, Vanessa. Thank you for sharing!

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Wonderful post. Sometimes we need to stop and remember what's important!

Alicia Dean said...

Awww, I can completely relate. I have three grown children, and I loved when they were small. I love our relationship now, but I'll always miss their sweet little faces and voices. :) My youngest, my son, is 24. He's still my little man. LOL. Great post!

Diane Burton said...

Great post. I look at my grown children with their kiddies and I just beam with pride that they turned out so well.

Vanessa said...

Thank you, Maureen.

Vanessa said...

We're all so busy these days... it's good to take a break to reflect on good memories.

Vanessa said...

Thank you! I'll always see them as my little boys. :)

Vanessa said...

Thank you, Diane.