Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, December 31, 2016

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Jamila Battle

Good Morning!

Well here we are....hosting our last Saturday Spotlight in 2016. Today's guest is not new. Jamila Battle has shared Treasures and Thoughts with us within the last couple of months and today we're getting a closer look into her book, From Abuse to Abundance....

My dad was a talented and charismatic jazz musician, who everyone loved. On the outside, my family’s life looked perfect. But what many didn’t realize is that we actually lived in a prison. The windows to our home had metal bars that were designed to keep me, my mother, brother and little sister caged in, along with our family’s deepest darkest secrets. Bars on the windows, the phones were tapped. We shared our house with rats and bats.

It wasn’t uncommon for me to be bound with duct tape and beaten with wire. I witnessed my mom get brutally beaten to a pulp and tied-up as my father smeared a dead rat over her limp body, to terrify her.

Enduring child abuse led to many other problems for me. After my abusive father fired a partially loaded gun at my head on a thankfully empty chamber, followed by his attempt to rape me, I finally called for help. I was removed from my home and was placed in one toxic foster home after another.
Although I escaped 14 years of childhood abuse, it followed me and sapped my joy and creativity.

Decades later, I realized two things
1.As a kid, I became an expert at living with abuse and addiction, hiding it, ignoring it and trying to cope with it on my own

2.As an adult, I later became a doctor and realized the importance of reaching out and discovered a great desire to help others overcome their pain of abuse and addiction to become happy, productive, healthy and drug free.

It was therapeutic to write and share my truth and the intimate bleeding story of what was going on in my head in hopes that others will better understand what they are going thru and those that they love.

My confessions have resonated with others facing similar emotional challenges and thus may give them hope and encouragement that they, too, can change their lives for the better. It is one of my deepest wishes to provide perspective for those who are suffering from trauma to help them create meaning and a new life.

Many struggle to speak their truth and paint the picture of what past memories are embed in their hearts. I want to help those bound by trauma turn their pain into promise and purpose thru confession, compassion, love and forgiveness by giving them a voice.

My determination to overcome it, the struggle with long-term effects of abuse, and finally getting my life of abundance, speaks volumes to the resilience of the human spirit to overcome tragedy. Now as a doctor, witnessing these terrible effects in our society, I have committed myself to do everything I can to lift and help repair those people.

Partly to heal myself and partly because I realized my mission, I focused my practice on the 4 pillars of health: sleep, diet and exercise, addiction and meditation.

It is my mission to not only increase functional awareness about abuse and addiction for those who suffer in silence by giving them a voice, but also raise this awareness for helping professionals, educators and parents.

Join me as I take you on a journey of Reboot, Repair, Rebirth, through this #1 Amazon Bestselling Book and healing guide, from Abuse to Abundance…

Dr. Jamila Battle's heroic journey from debilitating childhood violence and abuse to attending some of the finest institutions in our country and becoming a renowned physician is nothing short of miraculous. Her tenacious perseverance has been marked by depression and breakdown, yet she still rose to triumph, and created a narrative to guide those who wish to take control of their own destiny.

Dr. Battle, is an award winning triple board certified physician, author, speaker and creator of "Reboot, Repair, Rebirth®". This innovative model aids those who are suffering to forgive themselves, so they can become fully integrated and capable of self-love. Reboot your soul by speaking your truth and ending the isolation. Repair by getting help and consciously healing your mind, heart and body. Celebrate your Rebirth as a wiser, loving and centered being. Live life abundantly. Visit www.drjbattle.com to learn more.
 
Hope you enjoyed today's spotlight and that you'll return next week for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights.

Here's wishing you and yours the utmost of luck and God's blessings for a prosperous 2017!

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

5 comments:

Susan Coryell said...

I applaud your spirit and resolve. May success follow you always.

Maureen said...

What an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing.

Alicia Dean said...

Oh wow, what a horrific life. My heart goes out to you and your mother. I was very fortunate to have loving parents, and I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you. I have great respect for the way you've risen to success and become an inspiration to others. Best wishes.

Kara O'Neal said...

I am in awe and humbled by the strength within you. What you are doing is beautiful and brave. I'm so glad there are people like you in this world. Many blessings for you and prayers for a positive journey. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much