Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Special Edition!

Hey Friends!

Kim couldn't make it this week, but she'll be around in June with her new release so I decided to surprise Sharon Donovan and spotlight her new book, The Claddagh Ring!

“To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die.”
Thomas Campbell

Blurb:
Struggling with her faith after her mother’s death, Meghan O’Malley finds comfort in wearing her Claddagh Ring, said to be blessed by St. Patrick. And when Meghan meets Rork, she finds love, loyalty and friendship. But before everything comes full circle, Meghan must face the biggest challenge of her life.

Rork McGuire is ruggedly handsome, sings Celtic music straight from his soul—and has a deep secret. When he sees Meghan O’Malley tending bar at her club, he falls hopelessly in love with her and wants to give her his heart. Will the secret he harbors pull them together—or break them apart?

Excerpt
As Meghan mixed drinks from behind the bar of The Wild Irish Rose, the fiddle and violin captured the true essence of Ireland. The tantalizing aroma of Irish stew, corn beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread wafted through the room.

Suddenly, all activity came to a halt as the eerie wail of bagpipes keened through the bar. The lead singer took center stage with his rendition of Danny Boy, the haunting lyrics crawling into Meghan’s skin. Mesmerized by his hypnotic blue eyes, she stopped what she was doing and met his penetrating gaze. With the exception of her mother, she’d never heard anyone pluck the strings of the harp with such finesse. The Claddagh Ring on her right hand felt hot, the heart pressing into her skin. By the time the song ended, Meghan’s green eyes were misty with tears.

“Well now, darlin’,” he touched her cheek. “If I knew Danny Boy would make you cry, I’d a sung When Irish Eyes are Smiling.”

Meghan Shannon O’Malley lost herself in pools of midnight blue.

“I’m Rork,” the corners of his eyes crinkled when he smiled. He took her right hand and kissed the heart on her ring. “Single and looking, are ya?”

“Huh?”

“The Claddagh Ring, darlin’,” he kissed it again. “On your right hand with the heart facing outward, means you’re single and looking for romance.”

“Ah…I have no idea what you’re talking about; it’s just a ring, a gift from my mother.”

“Ah, come on now, darlin’ girl,” he got a little closer, staring into her eyes. “Ya can’t fool an Irishman. My mother bought one for each of my sisters. I’ll have ya know they’re all married.”

Meghan felt lightheaded. “My mother gave me this ring the night before she died. It’s a family heirloom, said to be blessed by St. Patrick himself. Mama promised me by wearing the Claddagh, everything in my life would come full circle. So before you go thinking I’m wearing it to find a husband, think again.”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” his blue eyes seared into hers like lasers. “What do ya say, Meghan, darlin’ girl of my heart.”

Author’s note:
I visited Ireland a few years ago. Rolling green hills, coppery beaches—and whimsical castles straight out of fairy tales make up the rugged landscape of the Emerald Isle. The Claddagh Ring is very much a part of their culture and is carried on through legend and lore. The Irish have a strong sense of family. Their incomparable spirit is passed on from generation to generation by keeping simple traditions: Make your house into a home. Make guests feel welcome with a pot o tea or a cup o Irish coffee. Regale over good times, count your blessings—and never give up on your dreams. Miracles happen for those who believe.
The Claddagh Ring is available now from The Wild Rose Press!
Watch the trailer here!
Hope you enjoyed this special edition of Saturday Spotlight.
Remember, my short story Winter Madness is due to release on March 11th!
Until later....take care and God Bless!
Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" TM

12 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

My mom gave me one. She's as Irish as they come, red hair, fair skin and that Irish stubborn streak.
I guess it worked I got married!! Ha!

Sharon Donovan said...

Hey Mary! You sound just like Meghan. Glad the Claddagh worked for you. I'm curious if you wore it according to the legend? I got so caught up in the story, I ordered one online...so we'll see just how the magic works!

Linda LaRoque said...

I didn't know the history of the Claddagh ring. I've always wanted to visit Ireland. Maybe one of these days.
Good luck with sales.
Linda
www.lindalaroque.com

Margaret Tanner said...

Lovely excerpt Sharon. I have visited Ireland also, and it is so pretty. The scenery is spectacular. I haven't heard of the Claddagh ring but Danny Boy, that was my late mother's favourite song.

Regards
Margaret

Sharon Donovan said...

Hi Linda,
I hope you get to go to Ireland some day. It's a trip of a life time, so mystical and the perfect setting for a book. When I was over there, I purchased a beautiful piece of crystal in the shape of a heart, a jewelry dish. On the lid is a gold emblem of the Claddagh. I just love it.
Sharon

Sharon Donovan said...

Hi Margaret, I'm glad you liked the excerpt. Ireland has to be right up there at the top of my list of favorite things. And Danny Boy is a song near and dear to my heart, too. Something about those pipes playing really gets to me, so hauntingly beautiful. Take care.
Sharon

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you All for stopping by on Sharon's spotlight.

PamT

Sharon Donovan said...

Thanks for the Saturday Spotlight Pam! You are our shining star!
Sharon

Cindy K. Green said...

Hi Sharon. I love a story about the Irish--I have Irish on both sides of my family. I even have the red hair to prove it. LOL! This sounds like such a lovely story. All the best.

Sharon Donovan said...

Hi Cindy, that's pretty Irish. Do you burn in the sun? Break out in freckles? I think I've inherited all the Irish, including fair skin and stubborn streak. I was born with strawberry blonde hair and adore legends and happily-ever-afters. Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Sounds like a great book.

I love this quote: "Regale over good times, count your blessings—and never give up on your dreams. Miracles happen for those who believe." I just might have to put that over my computer.

becky

Sharon Donovan said...

Thanks, Becky. I have a whole bunch of quotes like that. That was my New Year's goal this year, to collect quotes to inspire. Drop me an email if you want more. Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon
sharonad@comcast.net