Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Guest Post by Janet Elizabeth Lynn!

Good Morning Friends and again, Welcome!

Today Janet shares with us a dream that came true....



Why do I write?  People often ask me that often. I respond, “It’s been a life long dream.”
I’m a Clinical Speech Pathologist. I’ve enjoyed my profession for 35 years and wouldn’t change it for the world. Yet in the back of my mind I ways wanted to write. One day I woke up and said to myself, “If you don’t try you’ll never know.” So I took classes, seminars, work shops, and started writing.

          At first I tried Romantic Comedy; I thought the novel was funny. But no one in my critique group laughed, I thought it was funny! So I tried Romance. I just tried writing, talking to published romance writers, but couldn’t get it right. I was frustrated; I knew I could do it. Then one Saturday I attended a seminar, Dean Koonz was speaking. A really nice guy with a wonderfully encouraging speech. So I approached him and told him how frustrated I was. He gave me the best advice, “Write what you enjoy reading.”

I went home and started writing, the results was in my first murder mystery, SOUTH OF THE PIER. It was like the flood gates opened. After nine murder, cozy and now NOIR mysteries, I can’t stop writing, ideas just seem to flow.

I decided I would continue writing until I run out of ideas, and that doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon. “Why not try different types of mysteries,” I thought. So I partnered with my husband, Will Zeilinger, a published author himself; and my wish came true, SLIVERS OF GLASS, a 1955 Noir mystery.


South of the Pier can be purchased at Amazon for Kindle!

Slivers of Glass can be purchased at Amazon in print and for Kindle!

What a beautiful story and testimony that when you follow your heart and God's leading, dreams can come true! Find out more about Janet and her books by visiting her website or blog.



And speaking of dreams coming true...don't forget about my novel, Tempered Dreams (book 2 in the Tempered series) which is also available at Amazon (Kindle), B&N (Nook) and Smashwords!


Hope you enjoyed this special Wednesday post. Tomorrow Janet will share some thoughts with us and check back Friday, Saturday and Sunday as she visits with us all week!

Until later...take care & God Bless!
PamT

No comments: