Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Treasures - CMSA

I'll bet some of you are thinking 'What in the world is CMSA?' - I know I would've been. But now I know what it stands for - aren't you jealous? ;-)

Seriously though, I was in the dark about CMSA until this past weekend when I took a trip to the Young County Arena in Graham, TX to watch my friend compete in a "Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association" Event.

There were costumes of a patriotic nature and even some a mite flamboyant as cowboys and cowgirls from all over including Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas, and if my memory serves me correctly, even Colorado and Arkansas were too. (If I missed any states, I apologize but with over 100 shooters, it's hard to remember where everyone hailed from, but regardless everyone was friendly and fun-loving! Even AQHA was represented in this competition.

From bays to buckskins, paints and palominos, horses of every size and color were there, including a mule!


Yes, you heard me correctly, Molly the Mule was a contender.

These folks shoot from their horses at balloons set up in different patterns....


So friends, if you love competitive equine events, find the nearest CMSA event and attend. It'll surely be a memory to treasure (be sure and bring your ear plugs!).

And if you like cowboy romances, check out my Tempered series & Lori's Redemption.

Until next time...Be Blessed!
PamT

2 comments:

Karla Akins said...

So do they shoot from their horses? At targets or the audience? LOL. Have you ever been to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede? If you get a chance go -- it's loads of fun and so impressive. The horses are so awesome!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Hey Karla!

They shoot from their horses at balloons in different patterns. I'll post an example....

Nope, never been to Dolly's Stampede I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by!